Shameless gush about Buttle's Ave Maria | Golden Skate

Shameless gush about Buttle's Ave Maria

rain

Record Breaker
As the title says, this is not one of those more serious posts about the Olympics and who will win, who should win and who will be there. It's just a shameless gush about the absolute beauty of Jeff Buttle's Ave Maria exhibition number. Just got to see the Skate Canada gala on the weekend and could have kicked myself for not taping his skate. It was breathtaking. I'd seen the program before, but with a couple mistakes — this time it was perfect and he looked completely comfortable with it. What can I say? Everything from the choreography to Buttle's interpretation left me speechless. It was one of the most moving programs I've ever seen. I don't know how many others got to see this particular gala, or have seen this program skated well, but keep an eye out for it. Absolute gold for the skating fan.

FrenchLady

Rinkside
May I join you in the gushing??? :yes:

I saw this program live at CSOI last spring. Even more fabulous!!! ;)

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I am with you here as well on the gushing. I have seen the program before, but never tire of a Jeff Buttle program. Each time his performance is inspiring. This is what I mean about Jeff's ability to interpret music. He listens to the music, and feels the music, he does not just skate to it. That is the difference between Jeff and others in the field. Okay enough gushing already. I missed Skate Canada, but fortunately managed to see the gala and tape it.

I have not had the privilege yet to see Jeff skate live, but am hoping one day it will happen. I have seen many great skaters before, like Toller Cranston, Brian Orser and Kurt Browning skate live and must agree seeing them skate on tv pales by comparison. I can't wait to see Jeff skate in person. It will be inspiring.

:love:

Shanti

On the Ice
Joining the gush :love:

I also really want to gush about Jeff's "Naqoiqatsi" LP. I just love it.

emma

Record Breaker
Gush, Gush, GUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Seriously, i love the Ave Maria Program so much; I would pay big bucks just to see that one program live. It is so beautiful, imo.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Raising hand...

Me too! Jeff is one of the few skaters I can think of that can be wonderfully entertaining whether or not he attempts a jump. The "Ave Maria" program is just beautiful, as was last year's long program (which I still can't spell).
And is it just me, or when the camera moves in for a close-up of the opening pose of this year's short program ("Sing, Sing, Sing"), does everyone think, "That could be a Wheaties box!"?
Gush, gush, gush...:agree:
xoxo
Rave