Alissa Czisny article on the KRT Wire | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny article on the KRT Wire

Great article, RD. So you must by an Alissa Czisny uber-fan now, right?:laugh: JUST KIDDING!

I loved this comment from the mother, Debbie Czisny: "My goal for Alissa and Amber is that when they decide they're finished, if and when we ever leave the sport, I want them both to be wearing the same smile they wore the day they started."

Best goal for a figure skater I've ever heard.

Rgirl

jesslily

Final Flight
Alissa is a disciplined lady. She is willing to make both education and skating success. She is also lucky having great parents who support her dream unconditionally. Not many moms want to spend most of their day time driving over two hundred miles year after year just for their kids' skating. As you can see, all most every elite skater at least has one devoting parent supporting his/her skating routine on daily basis.

The full article goes on to say that in Detroit, where Alissa might count on her fan base to vote for her, the Marshall's thingy will not be shown live on Sunday after all. But don't worry, we can see it on tape at 1:00 AM Monday. :mad:

I see that Alissa is guaranteed $25,000 for participating. I'm guessing that everyone gets $25,000, and the two who advance to the final round get $50,000.

MM

I really like this gal and I enjoyed so much her skating at Skates America and Canada. When she's on, she is so vibrant, so happy to be performing, not thinking about winning, just doing her best. The international judges do not know her much and I think that will be a factor in her scores at GPF. While she was super in the first two GPs, she did not grab the spotlight as Mao did.

She's up against Mao, Ando, and the veteran Slutskaya. If she skates well, I think she can stand on her own against Nakano and Sokolova.

It should be a great experience for her.

Joe

Eeyora

Final Flight
I can see a possibility for her to be on the podium at the GPF behind Slutskaya and Asada.

Eeyora said:
I can see a possibility for her to be on the podium at the GPF behind Slutskaya and Asada.
Anything is possible but I think with Miki coming to life suddenly wil be a big factor in the whole competition. I'm not podium conscious now. I just want to see good skating.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Great article, RD. So you must by an Alissa Czisny uber-fan now, right? JUST KIDDING!

:laugh: :laugh:

ha. This is the thinking that I bet many posters have when deciding who likes who. Post one article, and oh, you're a fan! in fact, you're a fanatic!

But in all honesty, she's not bad. I'm beginning to like her. (Not the same thing as beginning to become her fan, FYI.)

Miki coming to life suddenly wil be a big factor in the whole competition.

I somehow think so, too. I personally think that Alissa will have to be on top of her game to medal here. Otherwise she'll be in 4th or 5th place. She's got some REALLY tough competition here that she didn't have at her two GP events. But I hope this will be a great experience for her. Personally I prefer her to Kimmie. JMO