Dance Free from TV | Golden Skate

Dance Free from TV

Vash01

Medalist
I liked the Armenian dance team- very interesting choice of music and choreography.

Vash

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
Armenian Hare Krishna dancers. Now I have truly seen everything.
Actually it would have looked even more authentic if they were both ethnic Armenians. Of course, she is an ethnic Russian, and while his last name suggests Armenian origins, he certainly doesn't look Armenian at all.

I did, though, absolutely love the dance.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Ptichka said:
Actually it would have looked even more authentic if they were both ethnic Armenians. Of course, she is an ethnic Russian, and while his last name suggests Armenian origins, he certainly doesn't look Armenian at all.

I did, though, absolutely love the dance.

Ptichka, I didn't realize that Hinduism had/has an influence on Armenian culture. Color me ignorant...
The dance wasn't at all bad - and I loved that they stayed in character throughout - but the music was just too repetitive and droning. I'm not at all sure that people should try to skate to Hare Krishna chants. But I have to give them credit for trying something completely different.
Rave

All the teams looked fine except Den/Stav. They've lost something and look to me to be trying too hard.

I'm still overwhelmed with Dubreuil and Lauzon. Marvelous rapport throughout that wonderful program.

Joe