Who's a Couple? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who's a Couple?

heyang

Record Breaker
I thought Oksana B was engaged to a non-skater.

Are Elena & Anton romantic? I seem to recall that they were at one time, but have broken up as a romantic couple. There was even some fluff that implied that they lead totally separate lives off the ice.

Chen Lu and Denis Petrov are married.

John King

Final Flight
skatergirlaj said:
Oksana is engaged to a fellow Ukrainian,he's not an American.
Sorry,but that's old news now;Oksana and Ukrainian-born Gene Sunik split up sometime this year,she has a new boyfriend,James Brennan.I have no information about him.

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
Oh my,didn't know about that,i think on one of the broadcasts recently they still mentioned her with the other guy.

S

SkateFan4Life

Karen Kwan (Michelle's older sister) married Peter Oppegard.

Katia Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov (may he rest in peace - the ultimate couple).

Evgeny Plushenko recently was married.

Saundy

On the Ice
I don't know if anyone posted this here, but Jennifer Robinson is also married to a former pairs skater. I can't remember his name, but he was (and probably still is), her trainer.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Totmianina and Vasiliev have been romantically involved (even though he has a wife and daughter in Russia). I don't know if this relationship continues.

Sokolova used to date Ovsyannikov.

I don't think Berezhnaya & Sikhuralidze are still romantically involved.

Natalia Bestemianova (danve OGM 1984) is married to Igor Bobrin (1981 Euro champion).

Among coaches:
Moskvina's husband Igor Moskvin is a coach as well.
Linichuk and Karponosov are married.
Tatiana Tarasova is married to a famous piano player Krainev.
Other big time coaching couples include Mishins, Velikovs, Kurdjavtsevs, Scotvolds, Fassis, etc.

-----------------------
ATW27, yes, Liashenko's and Maniachenko's husbands are brothers. Would have been too funny if they both switched last names to have Ukraine represented by two Efremenkos.

Dyan

On the Ice
I didn't realize Sokolova and Ovsiannikov were no longer an item. They had been a couple for awhile.

Liz Putnam is dating Peter Tchernyshev (lucky girl)

B&S were an item earlier in their partnership but haven't been involved with one another for quite some time.

Punsalun & Swallow are married with a son Gavin.

Saundy

On the Ice
Dyan said:
Liz Putnam is dating Peter Tchernyshev (lucky girl)

I thought I had heard that somwhere, but I wasn't sure so I wouldn't post it. How long have they been together?

Antilles

Medalist
Putnam&Tchernyshev is news to me, too. That must be weird that your ex-girlfriend and still partner is now dating your coach.

Jennifer Robinson's husband is named Shane Dennison. Her brother is has been dating former Canadian pairs skater Jacinthe Lariviere for a while.

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Um Stephane Lambiel and Carolina Kostner were a couple for a while.
Oksana Domnina who skates with Maxim Shabalin is dating Roman Kostomarov.
Viktoria Volchkova used to date Maxim Marinin.
Sasha Cohen used to date Garret Lucash.
Evgeni Plushenko used to date Tatiana Basova.

Lanie

On the Ice
*scratches her head* Sasha dated Garrett? I've never heard of that one before. I also didn't know that Elena and Anton were once romantically involved! I remember reading some rumor about Angela Nikodinov and Tim Goebel...

John King

Final Flight
The Romantic World Of Lady 'K'

Anjelika Krylova used to date her & Oleg's choreogarpher,Guieseppe Arena,that ended,now she & Pasquale Camerlengo are the proud parents of a baby girl.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
I thought the Scotvolds were brother and sister for the longest time! (No Joke) :rofl:

I do know that Michkoutienok and Dmitriev were once in love, or maybe she was just obsessed with him, and she was the last to know that he was engaged to his wife.

I heard that at one point, Aleksei Yagudin and Nicole Bobek were an item?

(I feel like I'm gossiping lol...)

Dyan

On the Ice
Antilles said:
Putnam&Tchernyshev is news to me, too. That must be weird that your ex-girlfriend and still partner is now dating your coach.

Antilles, I thought the same thing. But I guess it works for them.

Saundy my best guess is that Peter and Liz must have gotten together sometime after P&W moved to Hackensack (as opposed to having met at a competition beforehand) and on another board in a Skate America thread the relationship was described as "off and on."

thisthingcalledlove, ITA about feeling as if we are gossiping but I guess this is postive gossip and these relationships are known relationships. The only couple who hasn't really publicly acknowledged they are a couple in the skating magazines or by being mentioned on the television broadcasts is Putnam & Tchernyshev. But it seems even that relationship is common knowledge in the skating community.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I can't belive this thread is on 3 pages and nobody has mentioned John Zimmerman and Sylvia Fontana.

Aaron Parchem is married to his choreographer Zuzanna Swed. I know Inoue/Baldwin were a couple at one point (not sure if they still are). Naomi Lang has a daugher with the skater acrobat dude (forget his name...Vladimir Besedin I think). Jenny Kirk and Evan Lysacek used to date.