"King Kong"........ | Golden Skate

"King Kong"........

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Amazing special effects.......some of the best ever. A must see movie while it's on the big screen......triple thumbs up.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 42

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Yes, definatly one to see on the BIG SCREEN! The final scene on the Empire States Building was amazing! You felt like you were in one of the planes flying over NYC. The landscapes were breathtaking..

K-Mo

On the Ice
It was awesome! It was everything you look for in a big holiday blockbuster. It looked amazing, the movie was entertaining, and it kept building to the very end. :thumbsup:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Amazing special effects.......some of the best ever. A must see movie while it's on the big screen......triple thumbs up.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 42

Big deal - with all the technology available today no wonder the special effects are amazing. The real award goes to the original King Kong - the Fay Wray flick shot in 1933 - directed by Merian C. Cooper. He made Kong using mechanical figures and shooting action movements frame by frame. The screams from Fay Wray were real.

I will stick with the Classic.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
Big deal - with all the technology available today no wonder the special effects are amazing. The real award goes to the original King Kong - the Fay Wray flick shot in 1933 - directed by Merian C. Cooper. He made Kong using mechanical figures and shooting action movements frame by frame. The screams from Fay Wray were real.

I will stick with the Classic.

Yes, for 1933 it was a marvel of movie making. I don't think anyone can put down the original classic. BUT for todays technology and spending 280 million for the new remake....I do think it gives the old classic justice! Yes, Fay Wray's scream is legendary, but Niomi Watts acting is far superior.. So for 1933 and 2005 both of these movies are movie making at it's best. So it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I don't mean to put down the original "King Kong", it is a classic, but movie making has come a long way since then. Not only special effects, but screen play and acting as well. The big screens of a theater were made for movies like "King Kong". Acting aside, which is excellent, the movie is a "trip" worth taking............42

gracefulswan

On the Ice
great...i'm seriously thinking to go and see it now!

i just saw "saw2". that was pretty good... loved the first "saw" movie. very psychologically interesting as well as a little scary.:thumbsup:

Johar

Medalist
I hope our downtown theater opens very soon so I can see it. I don't drive and none of my friends want to see this film.

It was supposed to open this week, but they found a problem with the sprinkler system. :disapp:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
We're going to see it again New Year's Eve. I'm glad to see that it's doing well at the box office!! 42