EZ Glide? | Golden Skate

EZ Glide?

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
here is a link: http://www.coldproducts.com/ezglide.php

is this a product that is actually interchangable with skating on real ice? if you practice on this, how different would it be from skating on real ice? if anyone knows any details, it would be a lot of help :D i don't really trust the site's faq, because they, of course, just want to sell their product.

backspin

On the Ice
I've been told it's very slow & dulls your skates immediately. If it were your only alternative it would probably work--though toe jumps probably aren't possible either. For the money you'd spend, you're better off on real ice. (Or get out the ol' hose & flood the back yard!)

Johar

Medalist
They use it on Passions for scenes of them skating in the park. I also saw Bam Margera put it all over the inside of his house on Viva La Bam, LOL:rofl: He invited a few professional skaters over, including a pairs skater, who were doing their thing in his kitchen.

Skate@Delaware

On the Ice
One of my coaches has skated on it-she said it does take more effort to get going on it, you do have to push harder. She also said you do need to sharpen your skates about as frequently as you do if you skate on very hard ice. They put a silicone oil on the surface to improve the glide so that can stain clothes. You can do any jump and spin on it, but toe jumps do not gouge out a chunk like they would on ice. And you don't see your tracings like you do on ice (no pictures of those perfectly centered spins!)

We're trying to get some for our rink so we can stay open in the summer. If we can get it, we will have a summer show, jump classes, etc. She said if we work on our jumps with this stuff, we will have awesome jumps on ice in the fall.

It'sabouttime

Spectator
I skated on it many moons ago while skating an exhibition and it was tough as nails to spin well, slow as molasses(but huge jumps).....and mucked up the ole blades pretty good...other than that it was a cake walk...LOL :agree: