Advice on getting a new VCR? | Golden Skate

Advice on getting a new VCR?

S

sk8wave

Advice on getting a new VCR?

One of my VCRs is fairly worn out, and I was looking to upgrade to get ready for next season. Does anybody have tips on what to get or any suggestions? I really appreciate all help. :)

D

dlksk8fan

Re: Advice on getting a new VCR?

sk8wave-

I think you can pick up a VCR for pretty cheap now at just about anywhere. If you get one just make sure it is a 4 head.

G

Grgranny

I know that now they have vcr's that you can edit with only one vcr somehow. Don't know much about them but you wouldn't need to buy another one to edit. I'm sure going to look into it if I ever need to replace any. I don't know if it is the same with vcr's and tv's etc. but I guess if you get a vacuum or appliance from Walmart or any of those kind of stores they aren't as good a quality. They make a cheaper models of them for discounters.

D

dlksk8fan

Hi Grgranny-

Research the internet to see what is the best VCR for you. That is what I did when buying a digital camera. There is tons of information out there and you get to compare and see what things are selling for. More expensive doesn't always mean better.

G

Grgranny

I bought a Symphonic at Walmart a few years ago and it didn't work right so took it back to Walmart and they sent it to the factory. The factory told me I had to pay $40 before they would even look at it and it was under warranty. Then I would have to pay shipping and more for repairs. I told them to just send it back to me. Walmart had paid to ship it to them and Symphonic paid to return it so at least I didn't have to pay anything. I only buy 4 heads. They also make several other brands so I am going to make sure I don't buy any of those brands again. So look up and see what all they make.

H

heyang

4 heads is best - stereo hi-fi sound is good, too.

VCR's are so low priced, but buy a name brand (Sony, Panasonic, RCA, JVC are all good).

S

sk8wave

Thank you to everybody who replied! :)
I'm happy to report that I just got a new Sony 4 head Hifi VCR!!

O

ovid101

New VHS machines

I have two new VHS machines, they're both SONY.
SONY SLV-N99 $149.
SONY SLV-N77 $99.

They're both great, I bought them online at J&R music world

It's also a great place to buy premium MAXELL or TDK videotape at a good price

type jandr

PS. don't buy a cheap machine, it won't last

ovid101