the fashionistas comments on skating fashion | Golden Skate

the fashionistas comments on skating fashion

clairecloutier

Final Flight
I noticed a couple inaccuracies or overstatements in this article. For example, the reporter said that Vera Wang designed a white dress with sheer white sleeves for Nancy Kerrigan to wear at the 1992 Olympics. Actually, that dress was originally designed for Nancy the previous season (she wore it at 1991 Worlds). A minor mistake, but these types of small errors made me feel that whoever wrote the article hadn't really researched it all that much.

Olderbear

Rinkside
This was an interesting article, and sometimes you have to wonder where they ever got the idea to wear something that ridiculous.

Case in point: Navka in either the OD or the FS wearing this very distracting plummage on her rear end. All I could think of was this big female bird flying around the ice. Of course, it's a birmaid!

Last edited:

nicole_l

Final Flight
Hey Scotty, don't knock the gloves indoors. You and I both know that falling without gloves can be pretty painful.

Antilles

Medalist
OK, his outfit is priceless.

The article actuallys says that Nancy's white dress was for Lillehammer. That year she had one of the most sequined/sparkly outfits that are decried by the article, courtesy again of Vera Wang.

orchid

On the Ice
Antilles said:
OK, his outfit is priceless.

The article actuallys says that Nancy's white dress was for Lillehammer. That year she had one of the most sequined/sparkly outfits that are decried by the article, courtesy again of Vera Wang.

and weighed 12 pounds, just about how much weight she lost while rehabilating her whacked thigh/knee. hmmm

(p.s. The skating picture in link, is a play on the recent Capitol One commercials which star unemployed Barbarians)

Last edited: