MK posted at MKF | Page 4 | Golden Skate

MK posted at MKF

robinjoy

Spectator
Grgranny - ITA with you it was rude and childish. I usually only lurk here and never post. I find it so terrible that you cant have a thread about Michelle that does not get hi-jacked.
By the way thank you Kathy for posting the information about Michelle posting over at MKF. It is appreciated.:clap:

Tonichelle said:
And what MM forgot to mention, if you really have issues with a post or poster contact the mods and Paula through the correct way. Report the thread by clicking on the red and white triangle. It's the only way we'll for sure all see what you're seeing, and it's the sure way to get Paula to see it. Paula runs the board at GS... she has the mods for a reason, she cant see everything....
That's exactly the procedure.

I have no problem with Muffin's dislikes. (I would like to know what her likes are. Some posters don't want anyone to know anything more than the negative feelings they have about skaters and skating.)

I just find Muffin someone as a GS member from the past with a brand new disguise. That's ok too.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
DG - The bottom line is I was just trying to give equal time. No names were used because I didn't want personalities to get involved.

Your words concerning me were strong and I believe you can go to higher authority to have me removed as a Mod.

Joe

Yes, my words to you were strong - expressing my opinion. I am not trying to have you removed as a moderator. I am a big girl and can deal with things directly. I am just trying to understand what your motives are, and what your point is.

What were you trying to "give equal time to" by bringing up a completely different thread, and mentioning 3 posters (Olliebee, me, and one other) who had not even posted in this thread? Given the private and public discourse we had about the Olliebee thing, there is absolutely no question that I was one of the two posters in question. While 98% of the Goldenskate membership might not know, I know. So that's what makes it feel like a personal put down.

I am am still left unclear about the relevance of the Olliebee example you used earlier in this thread. Can you explain the relevance just so I can better understand?

Mean time, I have been very unfair to Michelle with my off topic stuff. I think it is very nice that she posted holiday wishes to her fans on her fan board. It's good to hear she had a what sounds like a great holiday with her family. I'm really hoping her recovery is coming along smoothly, and that she will be able to skate well at Nats. The competition will not feel right if she's not totally in the hunt.

DG

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
"I just find Muffin someone as a GS member from the past with a brand new disguise. That's ok too.

Joe"

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!

JaeJ

Rinkside
Doggygirl said:
Yes, my words to you were strong - expressing my opinion. I am not trying to have you removed as a moderator. I am a big girl and can deal with things directly. I am just trying to understand what your motives are, and what your point is.

What were you trying to "give equal time to" by bringing up a completely different thread, and mentioning 3 posters (Olliebee, me, and one other) who had not even posted in this thread? Given the private and public discourse we had about the Olliebee thing, there is absolutely no question that I was one of the two posters in question. While 98% of the Goldenskate membership might not know, I know. So that's what makes it feel like a personal put down.

I am am still left unclear about the relevance of the Olliebee example you used earlier in this thread. Can you explain the relevance just so I can better understand?

Mean time, I have been very unfair to Michelle with my off topic stuff. I think it is very nice that she posted holiday wishes to her fans on her fan board. It's good to hear she had a what sounds like a great holiday with her family. I'm really hoping her recovery is coming along smoothly, and that she will be able to skate well at Nats. The competition will not feel right if she's not totally in the hunt.

DG

I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, DoggyGirl, and I'd like to say now that I find most of your posts interesting, funny, and informative. However, bottom line is that I also thought some of the responses to Olliebee were way over the top. For new posters (like me!) such vitriolic responses to seemingly innocent comments make it difficult to feel comfortable posting anything. This is one of the reasons I lurk, and rarely post. Just saying ...

I too apologize for going off topic, and echo the comments in your last paragraph ... well said.

Oh, gosh, now I feel like I have to throw my two cents worth in. This whole controversy is about nothing. Someone said "Sashasplat." Doggygirl said, "Hey, that's not very nice."

How many times does DG have to apologize before we can move on?

MM

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
JaeJ said:
I'm not trying to stir up trouble here, DoggyGirl, and I'd like to say now that I find most of your posts interesting, funny, and informative. However, bottom line is that I also thought some of the responses to Olliebee were way over the top. For new posters (like me!) such vitriolic responses to seemingly innocent comments make it difficult to feel comfortable posting anything. This is one of the reasons I lurk, and rarely post. Just saying ...

I too apologize for going off topic, and echo the comments in your last paragraph ... well said.

JaeJ - I'm glad you posted this message. Especially since at the time you posted, your "post count" was at the Magic Number 4. Maybe this is my opportunity to redeem myself. ;) I totally understand what it's like to find a message board that you would like to get involved in, and feel a bit intimidated about. I am very sorry that my admitedly "over the top" post on that Thread We Will Hopefully Not Talk Much About Anymore turned you off. (and I don't blame you).

I really appreciate your honesty about my "bad" post while also giving me some positive feedback about others things you like about stuff I say. I think on some level, we all realize that we post stuff that others might not like, and yet at the same time we probably all enjoy hearing about what we do that others find positive. I appreciate your feedback, and I will try to do a better job in the future of making new posters feel welcome, and consider the "newness" when forming the presentation of my opinions.

Since my issue was taken public, it's only fair that I publically say that I think Joe and I have resolved our differences via recent PM. As far as I'm concerned, it's water under the bridge and the slate is clean going forward. I appreciate the opportunity to get this resolved, rather than let it feel as though it's festering.

Back to you JaeJ, welcome to Goldenskate, where no matter how stinkin' hard I try, I'm still not perfect. ;) I hope that encourages you to post more - none of us are perfect, and sometimes the feeling that we *need* to be totally correct is part of why we (or at least I) feel intimidation.

I hope you will post often, and be fearless (but fair) in all of your opinions. And if you realize you haven't been fair (uh...like me) then admit it. And if you think an issue remains unresolved, then "dog" it. :)

Are you going to US Nats? If so, I hope to meet you there.

DG

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
"Someone said Sashasplat."

Sure he/she did. And it wasn't the first time this has happened, either.

I've lost track of how many people say "Sashasplat" now. It's so common that I'm not so sure it can be considered a "bash" any more. So what?

Now all of a sudden one poster is called out on it. That's fine, as long as there is a consistency. There is certainly consistency in "dealing with" so-called "anti-Kwan" comments, as dubbed by another poster here.

Besides, this issue is quite old. Why it's still being talked about, I don't know. The apology was issued, and that should have ended it.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
as DG pointed out, it's been resolved the CORRECT way, through PM... any more discussion on it is not needed...

let's get back on topic or let this thread drop past the first page, shall we? :)

I think it's nice Michelle did take the time to say hi and wish everyone well in the new year. Not every skater takes the time, especially if they already have an official website. AFAIK MKF is still just a fan site, so it's neat that she takes the time to thank those that are just doing it out of their own love for her and the sport. :agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
IIRC MK has posted there a couple of times before, and then took a LOOOOOONG break before deciding to post again. Initially I thought she was scared off by recent happenings over there but sounds like she's coming back, and is in good spirits. The Kwan fans have something to ride on now.

Sounds more and more like she might be in form. I'd be hard-pressed not to see some open mouths after the event.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
How many times does DG have to apologize before we can move on?

MM

I consulted my crystal ball on this exact question! (How did YOU know I had a crystal ball MM????) The answer was "Nine Times - The Exact Number Of Times Michelle Will Execute Perfect Tripple Jumps At The Olys."

See? Working through problems DOES have a good result. :) And I sure hope everyone who reads this takes it in the positive (tongue in cheek) spirit as intended. I will try to work on my Paranoia Problem before the Oly's come round.

DG

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I don't see what the problem is when a skater's shortcomings are mentioned........Sashasplat, Kwan couldn't buy a 3/3, Irina's spins travel, Russian icedancers wear tacky costumes, U.S. pairs are a joke...as long as the statements hold some truth. It is when totally false things are said and stated as fact instead of opinion that tick me off. IMO it is part of sport and fandom to pick on the competition. That said, why are posters more concerned with protecting a skater who they most likely only admire from afar than they are of being civil to their fellow posters who are their peers on this board?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Hey, every one chill out.

There is Eastern Sectionals on CN8 now. And Tiffany&Rusty suppose to be in there.

R.D.

Record Breaker
That said, why are posters more concerned with protecting a skater who they most likely only admire from afar than they are of being civil to their fellow posters who are their peers on this board?

GOOD QUESTION...:scratch:

JaeJ

Rinkside
Doggygirl said:
JaeJ - I'm glad you posted this message. Especially since at the time you posted, your "post count" was at the Magic Number 4. Maybe this is my opportunity to redeem myself. ;) I totally understand what it's like to find a message board that you would like to get involved in, and feel a bit intimidated about. I am very sorry that my admitedly "over the top" post on that Thread We Will Hopefully Not Talk Much About Anymore turned you off. (and I don't blame you).

I really appreciate your honesty about my "bad" post while also giving me some positive feedback about others things you like about stuff I say. I think on some level, we all realize that we post stuff that others might not like, and yet at the same time we probably all enjoy hearing about what we do that others find positive. I appreciate your feedback, and I will try to do a better job in the future of making new posters feel welcome, and consider the "newness" when forming the presentation of my opinions.

Since my issue was taken public, it's only fair that I publically say that I think Joe and I have resolved our differences via recent PM. As far as I'm concerned, it's water under the bridge and the slate is clean going forward. I appreciate the opportunity to get this resolved, rather than let it feel as though it's festering.

Back to you JaeJ, welcome to Goldenskate, where no matter how stinkin' hard I try, I'm still not perfect. ;) I hope that encourages you to post more - none of us are perfect, and sometimes the feeling that we *need* to be totally correct is part of why we (or at least I) feel intimidation.

I hope you will post often, and be fearless (but fair) in all of your opinions. And if you realize you haven't been fair (uh...like me) then admit it. And if you think an issue remains unresolved, then "dog" it. :)

Are you going to US Nats? If so, I hope to meet you there.

DG

I greatly appreciate the generous response DG, and I apologize if I kept an inappropriate topic going, or if I should have PMed you instead.

Not going to Nats, but I'll be watching at home!