Its official!!!!!!!! | Golden Skate

Its official!!!!!!!!

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Yay! and may G-R/M get 7th at Nationals and I don't look I care if they sign a petition against Bel/Ago and Mthws/Zavz because no one is going to listen to you. Join the WSF if you want to be sore losers because it just is that way. Now Tanith and Ben can kick Nav/Kos skinny little Russian buts and win an Olympic Medal. Woot Woot! :rock: :clap: :love:

S

SkateFan4Life

Three Cheers!! What a great way for them to start the New Year!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I'm happy for both of them. They've represented the US team with honor even before they became US citizens, and they aren't forgetting their original countries, either, for which I think they both deserve respect. :rock: Zavozin and Belbin.

mzheng

Record Breaker
mcskater06 said:
http://usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=32490&type=news

TANITH AND MAX ARE AMERICAN CITIZENS!!!!

Watch out Turino!!!

Reading those comments from Tanith made me tear eyed.

"
We (Ben and I) feel it is our time to shine, and now we can make the most of this as we try to qualify for the Olympic Games,” Belbin said. “I have lived here (in the United States) for so long, and this was the last piece of the puzzle. I really feel that I have found my place here. Some of the greatest moments of my life were while I lived here, and now I feel complete
"

Here is wish both teams are on fire coming into Nationals.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, it's been done.

I'm basically SURE they're going to the Olys- no need to talk about the qualifying stuff. So, I'm just here to say I wish them the best in Turin. They're our best hope for a medal.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
WOHOO!!!!! BRAVO!!!!

Where is Mama Mitchell (of Galler-Rabinowitz/Mitchell fame) for a comment? Where is Hillary Rodham-Clinton, to whom they went for help to try to block the legislation? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In a way, it's GREAT that all has been resolved BEFORE Nationals. Now, hopefully, ABC-ESPN won't have to rehash the whole saga & embarrass the heck out of Galler-Rabi/Mitchelll as they step out onto the ice.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If GR-M don't finish in the top 6, ABC/ESPN won't show them in full. But don't expect ESPN/ABC to let them completely off the hook. They will show them at some point with commentary, and you may still hear a lukewarm audience reaction. I hope there's no booing, but it's still a possibility.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I'm impressed with the speed. It just took them a couple of days from getting the bill passed to giving Tanith and Max their citizenships. WTG!!! (And I with we wouldn't even hear about the whole thing with Mitchell's mom...)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I have never enjoyed Punsalen and Swallow's skating because of their protest of Gorsha Sur's citizenship being expidited. IMO if hey wanted to represent the U.S. then they needed to OUTSKATE G/S at Nationals.

Now comes the hard part. Will Ben be fully up to speed after his injury?

Are they really as good as they seemed last year, or did the international judges give them a gift here and there. One can speculate that as long as they were ineligible for the Olympics, the governing powers in ice dance were quite willing to keep the U.S. tagging along by giving this pair a silver medal. Now all of a sudden the game changes.

Can Belbin and Agosto really mount a challenge to Navka and Kostomorov's skinny Russian butts (to quote Muffin, LOL. -- my southern grandma-in-law would say, "scacy Russian butts." :laugh: )

MM :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Piel said:
I have never enjoyed Punsalen and Swallow's skating because of their protest of Gorsha Sur's citizenship being expidited. IMO if hey wanted to represent the U.S. then they needed to OUTSKATE G/S at Nationals.

ITA, Piel! I've never gotten over that... but I guess i'm biased as I love Roca & Sur and only learned of the "scandal" after falling in love with their skating (and ice dance in general lol). Still being raised to know bad sportsmanship as practically unforgivable, it's hard to "let go."

:clap: I am happy for Tanith and Max... US ice dance represent! :rock:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Mathman said:
Can Belbin and Agosto really mount a challenge to Navka and Kostomorov's skinny Russian butts (to quote Muffin, LOL. -- my southern grandma-in-law would say, "scacy Russian butts." :laugh: )

MM :)

I always thought, Belbin, was a russian name. So, I always thought she was of slavic descent. :)