Brian Joubert - Ready to Rally | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert - Ready to Rally

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I have just been alerted to this QUITE amazing photo of Brian.
Link:

http://www7.online.rtlklub.hu/forumkepek/2005/12/20/6979092.pict

No, I did not take it - but wish that I had. At first glance, what went through my mind was...."Wow - this 'Olivier' guy sure looks a lot like Brian Joubert." Then....'Wait - that necklace sure looks like Brians...oh wait....it IS Brian Joubert, LOL!"

Thank you to Susan for finding it. It definitely goes in the 'save' file.

Last edited:

CDMM1991

Medalist
Zanzibar said:
I have just been alerted to this QUITE amazing photo of Brian.
Link:

http://www7.online.rtlklub.hu/forumkepek/2005/12/20/6979092.pict

No, I did not take it - but wish that I had. At first glance, what went through my mind was...."Wow - this 'Olivier' guy sure looks a lot like Brian Joubert." Then....'Wait - that necklace sure looks like Brians...oh wait....it IS Brian Joubert, LOL!"

Thank you to Susan for finding it. It definitely goes in the 'save' file.

:love: :love: :love:

Fine interview as always, KB.

OK, dish! What is the basis of the feud between Morosov and Yagudin that Brian found himself in the middle of, LOL?

I do think that Plushenko is vulnerable this year. Although he won the Cup of Russia with strong scores, his winning performances at Russian Nationals were not so impressive (I don't think he did a quad in his LP ?) I agree with Joubert about the importance of the quad. Never mind the points, I think a clean program with a quad will always be rewarded by the judges, epecially at the Olympics.

Here's my prediction for Torino: Plushenko, Joubert, Sandhu.

Mathman :)

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Just FYI, the photograph mentioned above is one of many you will find here:

http://www.lepatinage.com/gallery.asp?gallery_id=1303&page=1

I believe they were taken in Courcheval at the French team's "summer camp" this past summer. The pictures of Brian water skiing on page 5 (there are 7 pages in all) were discussed at length on many of the internet boards and I don't remember a negative comment among them! :laugh:

There is a nice photo of Gwendal with a band, too. :yes:

And this one might just be Brian's first attempt at a pairs lift:

http://www.lepatinage.com/gallery.asp?photo_id=41818

;)

curious

Final Flight
Well,I'm sure Brian and company would love to be as VULNERABLE as Plushy always is:biggrin:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Brian Joubert is by far the hottest man in figure skating... Yozah! Thanks for the picture ~ it will definately be added to "Few of My Favorite Things" board... right next to Derek Jeter.:love:

FreeKatie

On the Ice
He's a hunk, but I'm not crazy about his style of skating. However, I haven't seen him this season.

FreeKatie said:
He's a hunk, but I'm not crazy about his style of skating. However, I haven't seen him this season.
He has not skated well this season at all. His jumps have not been very reliable. If Brian wants to compete as the "big jumper" against "artistic" skaetrs like Buttle and Weir, those jumps have got to be rock solid.

However, I do like his choreography a little better this year. At least the footwork fits the music, which has been a big problem for him in the past. According to the interview, he is no longer working with Yagudin, so maybe this will quiet some of the critics who call him the poor man's Alexei.

MM :)

Lilbit

Rinkside
Brian has had a lot of controversy, with the French Federation. I am glad he says this is all behind him now. I would like to see picture of his bulldog, Blade. ("Who can resist that face?" :laugh: )

Brian always seems so polite and charming. I like what he said about Michelle.

"If she can't do Nationals I think it would be stupid not to send her to Torino. Look how many times she has won Nationals before! She doesn't need a tenth title, and if she feels it's good for her to skip it then she should do what's best for her. She deserves the bye. There are many good lady skaters in the US right now, but Michelle is very different. When she skates she – oh, it's so hard to describe in English – she has a magical quality. You want to watch her, you don't take your eyes away from the beginning to the end. With other skaters, not so much. You look away." :rock:

What I like about Brian is that when he opines his views on figure skating he does it without being 'bitchy' towards his competitors. He's outspoken with respect to his colleagues, and to the sport of Figure Skating. Bravo!!!

Joe

With reference to Brian's remarks about Michelle and which Mathman took up as his signature postings is quite on target.

Without discussing Bielmans, Extended Spirals and Quads as the most important aspects of Figure Skating, one could look to skaters who happen to be unique. There are few and high among them is Kwan.

Does she have High Tech abilities? Not as much as others.
Does she have high spirals? There are a few others with higher.
Does she have 3x3s? - Unfortunately, the practices have stopped.

What she does have is a certain magic. As Brian says, you must watch her. You are not waiting for the 3x3s, you are not waiting for over-the-top spirals, you are not waiting for Allissa like spins.

What you see is what you get and tell me you take your eyes off her! Every thing is natural skating. No ballet-like anything. No acrobatic-like anything. She figure skates and does it without outside influence.

That is what Brian is talking about. BTW, the entire interview is worth reading and commenting on besides that of MK.

Joe