Canadians - Junior Pairs Short Report | Golden Skate

Canadians - Junior Pairs Short Report

Rosaleen

Medalist
The marks were announced and only flashed on the board for a few seconds, so it was difficult to double check what I heard, so there are probably some mistakes.

The following notes are what I saw while the skater was on the ice and have not been checked against the protocol for mistakes.

The official results & detailed skater's protocols are posted on the Skate Canada website
http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/cdns06/results/c18.pdf

CAN McCoy / Van Cleave Start No: 1
Notes: black & yellow - music from Kill Bill / late getting to my seat and not organized to take notes / seemed like a good skate to me / 22 .00 13.76 tot 35.76 currently 1st /
CAN Moscovitch / Moscovitch Start No: 2
Notes: black lace with red under neath / Paso Doble from strictly ballroom / high 2tw - nice catch / they're moving very well / sbs 2z in perfect sync / thr 2l / hip lift to reverse start with one hand good ice coverage / O ftwrk is good well timed / sbs spins were fast & in perfect sync matching pos & everything AMAZING - couldn't have been done better - I don't know that I've ever seen better - equal maybe but not better / travel entrace to death spiral is very well done - just saw the replay - 3 revs / back nested camels into pair spin with very good pos & speed / I wasn't paying enough attention to the last couple of elements - I was so blown away by the sbs spins! / 26.35 19.46 tot 45.81 currently 1st /
CAN Demers Boutin / Joncas Start No: 3
Notes: black & white - her with a poka dot skirt / big twist & wild ones / this is a fun program / some nice chor to start / 2 tw is good with nice catch at hip & her arms overhead / sbs 2a not really pretty but clean / thr 2l / sbs flycam sit L change to forward sit upright - pretty good a little out on the change / hip to one hand star / sbs steps as music has picked up - nicely done - good sync / some playful bits in here / fids 3 revs got a little slow at end / pair spin is well done with nested camels and facing sit / 26.04 17.43 tot 43.47 currently 2nd /
CAN Osmond / Beaulieu Start No: 4
Notes: music: sympathy for the devil & paint it black / black & red her in unitard / some nice chor to start / fids with her in catch foot on entrace he changes pivot back to front - nicely done / 2tw very nice catch with her arms overhead / sbs 2z she single / sbs flycam sit upright - nice pos but in and out of sync throughout / hip lift star to one hand pretty good / thr 2l / O ftwrk is not bad but O is very small / pair opposing camel sit change nested camel upright variation - spin was very slow throughout / in spite of the errors, it was a very enjoyable skate to watch / 20.40 12.81 tot 33.21 currently 4th /
CAN Leclerc / Babin Start No: 5
Notes: her in black velvet with gold & red trim him in red shirt & black pants / music is malaguena / 2 tw is clean but not very high / start lift / sbs 2z she fell out / sbs flycam sit ch sit little out of sync on change but nice matching pos / thr 2l he almost fell forward on the throw and it was very small / pair spin is pretty good - nice facing sit pos / strt steps to castanets very well chor'd to music & nicely done / travel centracne to fids that barely made 1 rev - she was down & up so fast I barely saw it / 20.12 12.17 tot 32.29 currently 5th /
CAN Lawrence / Swiegers Start No: 6
Notes: music: blues medley / shades of blue abstract tops / some nice moves to start / 2tw bit crashy on catch / sbs 2a both went down / pair spin opposing cam to back sit & cam / thr 2l she hand down / fids is good / change in music - electric guitar - hip lift to star to one hand / sbs steps are quite ok and in sync / sbs flycam sit ch sit out of sync at one point but got it back / finished way ahead of their music / 17.48 11.19 ded 1 tot 27.67 currently 6th /

CAN Coolin / Sutherland Start No: 7
Notes: her in turqoise him in rust brown music: life is beautiful / thr 3l almost looked like it stalled in the air fell out / 2 tw is clean but not very high / sbs 2z out of sync but both did them / fids 3 revs / sbs fly cam sit change she had real problems after the change / sbs steps are with music & nicely done / hip to star to one hand with stop & very nice exit - nice lift & he moved very well / pair spin gets very slow but ok pos & centered / 21.33 14.84 ded 1 tot 35.17 currently 4th /
CAN Gagnon / Tsagris Start No: 8
Notes: music: mirage her in black with silver bands over open back him in black / 2tw is quite ok with her hands over head / sbs 2z both messed up / hip to star one handed - he's a little scary on the turns / fids 2rev / thr 2l both hands down / sbs flycam sit open leg forward sit - got out of sync on open leg & never got it back / sbs steps match music and are done pretty well / pair spin - bit of mistep on one change / finished way ahead of music / there really wasn't any chemistry between them / 17.45 10.57 tot 28.02 currently 7th /
CAN Steele / Paxton Start No: 9
Notes: her in red with black trim him in black with red undertone / Por Una Cabeza & tequilla & sinful samba / some playful chor to open - you can see chemistry between right off / very nice high 2tw airy & light / thr 2l / sb 2a not perfect - they did really nice one in warmup / I missed the 1st part of sbs spin but what I saw was in sync / music change / crowd is clapping / hip to star one hand twist dismount - he moves very nicely / a bit of chor at end of boards & into sbs steps - well chor'd to music & quite well done / fids 3 rev good speed & pos / pair spin nested camel to upright var to trad sit / 26.30 19.7 tot 46.00 currently 1st /
CAN Lavigne / Dufour Start No: 10
Notes: her in white with bit of pink & blue him in white blousy shirt (one of Patrice's old ones) & black pants / Libertango / hip lift to star was scary he almost lost his balance / thr 2 tw is clean / thr 2 tano loop - very nicely done / sbs 3t she mayhave done 3 but he did 2 / I just missed an element / nice entrance to fids - 2 rev. / I feel like they're just skating from element to element and there isn't a real program / sbs steps are nicely done & with music / opposing cam to sit starts the pair spin - on the slow side / 21.30 12.06 tot 33.36 currently 6th /
CAN Maheu / Cote Start No: 11
Notes: both in white with bronze sequin design / music is helen frees the mariner / made a mistake in skates and didn't get notes for 1st part / sbs 2z were clean I think as was thr 2l / O ftwrk was quite nice & with music / fids starts with her in front shoot duck / she fell between fids & entrance to pair spin - not sure what happened / pair spin was pretty good / 23.06 15.49 ded tot 37.55 currently 4th /
CAN Kirkland / Radford Start No: 12
Notes: him in navy velour her in light pink / Romero & juliet by rota / pair spin right out of opening pose opposing cam to nested cam very nice - good speed / 2tw is fairly high with arms over head on catch but not as high as you might think / sbs 2z - I didn't see them but by crowd's reaction they were clean / thr 2l / hip lift to star to platter to very nice exit / dramatic stop / sbs flycam sit inside edge upright ch sit partial layback - very well done in perfect sync / sbs steps are with the music / fids with change of hand & exit in catch foot / very nicely done program / 26.49 19.93 tot 46.42 currently 1st /

CAN Ribeiro / Chutter Start No: 13
Notes: music: dark eyes / her in navy with royal blue trim him in white shirt with blue trim / 2tw not very high but clean with arms overhead on catch / sbs 2a she fell / hip to star lift / thr 2l / sbs fly cam sit upright variation to back spin / pair spin & he goes into Y / he slipped going backwards doing noting / sbs steps - I quite liked them / fids with her holding toe in front on entrance 2 revs / 22.60 16.14 ded 2 tot 36.75 currently 6th /

CAN LeBoeuf / Eaton Start No: 14
Notes: him in black with dusty rose & white design her in the reverse / tarang - yoyo man /2tw is clean but almost at a stop on takeoff her arms overhead on catch / sbs 2f she fell / sbs spins bit far apart but very good sync throughout - nice open leg pos / hip to star to platter lift / thr 2l / pair spin - trad sit chg to opposing camels then upright / sbs steps bit out of sync on twizzles / fids she enters from front shoot the duck & changes position without coming up at all - very nicely done. / 20.41 13.40 ded 1 tot 32.81 currently 11th /