U.S. Natls - Sr Men SPs | Golden Skate

U.S. Natls - Sr Men SPs

dwiggin3

Final Flight
so far.... sorry I can't format it correctly.....
Pl. Name Club TSS
= TES
+ PCS
+ SS TR PE CH IN Deduction
- StN.
1 Ryan Bradley BROAD 69.33 36.23 33.10 6.46 6.43 7.07 6.50 6.64 0.00 #3
2 Parker Pennington BROAD 64.86 34.39 30.47 6.29 6.07 6.04 6.07 6.00 0.00 #1
3 Shaun Rogers UNIVE 53.18 26.70 27.48 5.79 5.43 5.29 5.61 5.36 1.00 #4
4 Jordan Wilson SANTA 52.27 27.34 24.93 5.11 4.96 4.93 5.04 4.89 0.00 #

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Not going to spoil myself for the rest of the competition

Nice to see Bradley in 1st :)

See you guys at 7:30 EST for coverage

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rohene Ward was fantastic, not perfect but fantastic!!!

Dee

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Ryan was so much fun to watch, Matt was beautiful even with the fall, Johnny was perfect (hooray!), Rohene...ohmygosh, this could be my first hardcore skater crush since Robin Cousins! gushgushgush...I hope he lands a quad in the long. And Mike! I haven't seen him skate so well in ages!
Keep up the great show, guys!
Whoo-hoo!
Rave

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ravyn Rant said:
Johnny was perfect (hooray!), Rohene...ohmygosh, this could be my first hardcore skater crush since Robin Cousins! gushgushgush...I hope he lands a quad in the long.Rave
I was very nervous while Johnny skated. I wated him to do so well and he did.

I would love Rohene to do well and I want to see his LP.

I feel sorry for Tim. I wish he could have done better.

Dee

emma

Record Breaker
This link is only giving me the women's results, can't find men, pairs etc...anyone else having trouble?

Yeah Liang!!!! (and congrats to Huges)

I love Johnny's skating great, mediocre, or poor. For me, the guy's just got the kind of movement and flow quality that works for me. But I'm thrilled he did so well and I love his male interpretation of "The Dying Swan." Urmanov did a "Swan Lake" program years back, but it just didn't do it for me. Johnny's did.

Also love Matt Savoie's quality. It's understated, but it has such a strong core.

Rohene Ward reminds me of another US skater whose name escapes me who was on the scene for years and though he had a gorgeous movement and skating quality, he could never get the jumps under his belt. I hope Rohene doesn't follow that same pattern because he too is just too gorgeous for words. Plus, some of the most innovative choreography of the night, along with...

Michael Weiss! Surprise and great for him! ITA with Dick Button that the music and choreography really worked for him and brought out his best qualities. Was glad to see Mike do well in what is probably his last USN short program.

Evan Lysacek: Somehow the shoulder pads on this costume emphasized Evan's round-shouldered posture. Not a good skate for Evan, but he also looked as if he hadn't grown in his skating, kind of the way Tim Goebel was stuck in that bad posture/poor presentation rut that he had practically right up until the '02 where he won the bronze medal.

Tim Goebel: It was very sad to watch Tim do so poorly after '02, when it seemed he'd finally found his presentation skills and was really going to have a great career. Guess you can never tell.

I thought the placements were fair and didn't have any problems with the judging. Though with the COP system, I can never really tell until the detailed scoring sheets are up.

Right now I think the Oly team looks as if it will be Weir, Savoie, and either Weiss or Lysacek. But anything can happen during the long. Wow, what a treat to watch it live on TV instead of a week later.

Rgirl

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Weir was awesome. So much for all the critics who said he was a headcase and incapable of holding it together.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Johnny was wonderful!! I do remember the swan costume that Alexi Urmonov wore for his LP the year he won the Oly gold medal. I hated the puffy sleeves on it..lol
Rohene Ward is definatly one to watch. I really enjoyed him. Although, he doesn't get the best looking guy award....Ryan Bradley does...lol

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Can't argue with the placments much though I think Matt's PCS scores were low compared to Tim's. Would love to see Matt make the team but the judges just don't seem to get him or fully appreciate him. Wow for Weiss. Have never liked his skating but this program really suits him. He was very..well..mobile. And really seemed to enjoy skating for once - seemed so much less stiff. Johnny is just gorgeous on ice. Evan is a sweet guy and really skates full out but just seems to gawky to me. I much prefer Matt and Johnny over him.

Johnny Weir has such control over his body. His jumps look like he is being lifted into the air by some other-worldly power. Astonishing performance. :love:

MM :)