Your Thoughts On The Costumes...Best/Worst?? | Golden Skate

Your Thoughts On The Costumes...Best/Worst??

nubka

Final Flight
Well, I have to say that although she is sooooo pretty, I simply destested Tanith's red ripped dress/bra combo...icky, yuck, tacky, etc... However, I though Agusto looked great!

I thought Amber Corwin's dress was a dream (I liked it best out of the ladies,) but the tiara looked affected.

What say you?

Eeyora

Final Flight
I totally lurved Sasha's SP dress especially the russian floral skirt scarf.

I found Danielle Kahle's dress pretty.

Emily's dress was perfect for her built.

Be Be looked lovely.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
nubka said:
Well, I have to say that although she is sooooo pretty, I simply destested Tanith's red ripped dress/bra combo...icky, yuck, tacky, etc... However, I though Agusto looked great!

I thought Amber Corwin's dress was a dream (I liked it best out of the ladies,) but the tiara looked affected.

What say you?

Agreed, Tanith's OD dress is awful. Also can't stand Corwin's tiara. M&Z's OD costumes are bad bad bad, as is Katie Orscher's "My tits have eyes" SP costume. Scary. I really dislike Cohen's new SP dress, WHY does she keep going for the neckline-plunging-to-the-crotch style? Very unflattering. And, its not very different from her old Dark Eyes dress, rather unoriginal. Katy Taylor has a cute SP dress, but isn't it the same one she wore last year? Jane Bugaeva looked pretty but that white just blends into the ice and is kinda boring. Not too many really awful costumes, but also nothing really stood out as absolutely gorgeous, lets hope we see some better outfits in the LPs/FD.

IDLERACER

Medalist
I keep hearing in another thread in these forums that Tiffany Stiegler was all tartted up and looking sexy. Since ESPN didn't show that performance, I was wondering if there's a picture of it anywhere on the web, and can anyone post a link to it? Hey, I'm a guy, and I like that sort of thing.:biggrin:

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Normally Tanith has very nice outfits . . . but her OD dress is one of the worst I have ever seen. Just horrible. In fact, I was so distracted by its ugliness that I could hardly concentrate on their dance!! I think Tanith's fans need to start a new letter-writing campaign--this time to Shpilband to urge him to get rid of the hideous thing!!

Lanie

On the Ice
Ice dance...where everyone wears more illusion mesh than real fabric! :laugh: Tanith looked awful. M&Z looked bad too. Heck, all the dancers... oy! And G&P--what happened with his shirt, did rabid wolverines rip at it?

I liked Sasha's dress but I really wish she'd get rid of the plunging neckline. Doesn't look good on her. Maybe when she stops skating and fills out, yeah. But now? Nope. I DO like the sleeve though... it's pretty nifty, and the scarf thing on her skirt is interesting. Reminded me of a costume I had in dance in high school. Aaanyway...

I really liked Bebe's dress and Danielle Kahle's was pretty nifty too.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
I keep hearing in another thread in these forums that Tiffany Stiegler was all tartted up and looking sexy. Since ESPN didn't show that performance, I was wondering if there's a picture of it anywhere on the web, and can anyone post a link to it? Hey, I'm a guy, and I like that sort of thing.:biggrin:
Idle here's the link to Toni's pics. Tiffanie is in there.
http://gallery.greatestjournal.com/thumbnails.php?album=360622

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I thought Sasha's costume went well with her music. I really liked it. I wouldn't wear it to church or anything but it was perfect for "Dark Eyes". Let's face it at least you don't have to worry about a costume malfunction with Sasha.

Amber's was nice. Tiara's look affected even on royalty to me (other than Princess Di), heck they ARE affected, LOL.. But it mimiced Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffanys".

Loved Katy Taylor's, Emily's, and BeBe's. That royal/cobalt blue is one of my favorite colors and looks beautiful on the ice, IMO.

The white dress of Jane Bugaeva's needed some more sparkle. Looked too much like a tennis dress of Serena Williams. AND she had tights that just overed the tops of her boots.

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Piel said:
Too bad Angela isn't competing with them.
Angela is really part of the South Bay contingent (along with Michelle and Amber) but you are right...I really am looking forward to seeing her skate again in the future, whenever that may be

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Apologies ahead for my terrible spelling.......

Dance:
I LOVED Tanith's dress... I thought it was really nice and for a salsa/rumba kind of dress, it looked like it was secured in all the right places. :rock:

I also like Melissa Gregory's as well. I didn't particurally like Jamie Silverstein's or Loren Galler-Rabinowitz. I'm not sure what I think of the Matthews girl....

Tiffany - from the one picture I could see of her, I didn't think she looked any sexed-out than anyone else. This dance is inherantly sensual an I would expect nothing less than lots of skin.

Hey, at least the dresses and illusion fabric were better constructed than what we've seen from some of the European dancers.....YUCK!

Men:
I generally don't like the body suit stuff, but Johnny's was nice...wish he would incorporate his red hand more into the skate...didn't he name his swan?

Evan's costume was nice, but he looks so tall and lanky - no muscle. I'd like to see him in somthing that gave him some meat to his structure.

Mike - YOu know, this guy really irritates me :banging: When its not an olympic year, he skates to weird stuff like metalica etc., then when its the olympics, he starts with classical stuff. It's like he's courting the judges. Either stay true to what kind of music you like or get off the ice. Also, costume did nothing for me. (okay, end of rant)

Tim - YUCK! he looks so bad...not just the costume but his stakting. I almost felt bad for him.

Pairs:
Well, didn't see anything.

Ladies:
I liked Sasha's new dress but agree, gotta stop that neckline. I liked the white one she had that was like a turtle neck...

Emily - nice costume for her build. She's a muscular girl (of course, if we saw her in person, she'd still be skinny).

Bebe - Loved it.

Alissa - Loved it

I wasn't fond of Kimmie, Katy, Danielle, Christine ect...all the dresses look the same to me.

Amber - Okay. The costume is not bad, but for a fasion designer - I'd expect more. Also GET RID OF THE TIARA!!!! :unsure:

Okay, time for coffee. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood.

Darby

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
My first thought when I first saw Sasha warming up, was "why is she is a gypsy skirt"? I had no idea she was skating to Dark Eyes again. The dress was perfect for the music, but I wonder how many people would be able to make the connection.

When I saw Stephanie Rosenthaol warming up, I was thinking what a hideous outfit. But once the music started, I really did not think that again. Also a perfect match. I loved her program!

Amber looked lovely on the ice, but you should've seen her all done up for the Gala! She had let her hair loose and she had a stunning knee lengh dress (it was kind of silky in golden, don't recall too many details) with matching high heeled shoes. She was the best dressed at the gala, no question about it. Very elegant. I asked her if the dress was her creation, but it wasn't.

I don't recall anything particularly hideous from either guys or the pairs. I have to say is that white dresses on ladies is not the best choice of color when you seat a bit afar. They have to stand apart from the ice and the white just doesn't cut it.

Yana

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I actually really like Sasha's new costume for the SP. It relates well to the theme of the music.
We all know Johnny's costumes are always over the top, but I really like his black swan outfit. I think he should use the orange glove more as a beak interpreting the music, but over all I love the program.
I didn't really see any costumes that were total disasters.. Although, I didn't appreciate Amber running off with my tiara..

FreeKatie

On the Ice
My fav outfits were Tanith's (I thought it went well w/ the music and showed off that killer bod) and Sasha's. Worst costumes - Tim G., Kimmie Meisner (too 'old' looking for her) she has a young fresh face and should dress accordingly IMO - light and fresh!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Most disliked:

M&Z's Yankee Polka Outfits-tomato soup colored with an absolutely enormous white bow on Morgan's back. Of course, with polka, bad is good...

Katie Orscher's bullseye SP outfit

Sasha's SP. She's wearing my upstairs bathmat as a skirt, what's with that?
If it's to be gypsy, she should change around the bodice. As it is, it looks like she wrapped the bathmat around one of her regular costumes.

Jaime Silverstein's polka outfit looked like she sewed sequins on the game room couch pillows and capped it with a nylon curtain in yellow wrapped around the top. It kept getting loose and flopping around, which I'm sure was distracting to her.

Tim and Parker's race to the bottom on having the worst costume for a short man. And why does every swing costume have to have an untied bowtie on it somewhere???

I like Alissa's costume..and Amber's. But I'm old enough to have watched Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Best -

Tanith - flirty frou-frou number...absolutely perfect for Latin Ballroom.

Sasha - a much-improved blue version of her old red 'Dark Eyes' dress. WOW!

Kimmie - Very, very sleek black dress...looked like a fashion model out there

Worst -

Emily - MATRONLY!!!!

Rosenthal - great program BUT.....wrong look, from top to bottom!!!! Why the ballet bun? She should have had a very trendy, assymetrical hairdo. Old-fashioned long-sleeve dress, even though the metalic fabric was a nod to the theme. Not enough.

Amber - kill the tiara! I almost felt sorry for her...as if she werew willing herself to be the 'queen' by wearing that silly thing. Pathetic. To skate as poorly as she did made it all worse.

I'm only sorry that ESPN2 didn't show us any of the Yankee Polka CDs...then we would have had a LOT of outfits to laugh over!

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
I love Johnny Weir's skating, but his outfit looked like Michael Jackson doing Swan Lake. I think he should skate a number to Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like A Lady."

IDLERACER

Medalist
Ogre Mage said:
I love Johnny Weir's skating, but his outfit looked like Michael Jackson doing Swan Lake. I think he should skate a number to Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like A Lady."
I took one look at that and thought to myself..."Hey look, a new invention...a Kabbalah Glove." :biggrin:

Jill

On the Ice
I'm not sure, but I think it was Megan Williams-Stewart who wore a purple dress that looked lovely on her. And I know you guys will thing I'm really square, but I thought the flower girl costumes were so cute!