Your Thoughts On The Costumes...Best/Worst?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Your Thoughts On The Costumes...Best/Worst??

equestrianguy

On the Ice
DORISPULASKI said:
Most disliked:

Sasha's SP. She's wearing my upstairs bathmat as a skirt, what's with that?
If it's to be gypsy, she should change around the bodice. As it is, it looks like she wrapped the bathmat around one of her regular costumes.

My grandma has the curtains to go with that bathmat.. If your interested she might sell them to you.. LOL

nubka

Final Flight
Yes, Tanith's dress was 'flirty', if the "half of my dress has been ripped off" effect appeals to you... It looked as though she couldn't decide...dress on, dress ripped off, etc.

Actually, I guess having part of your dress ripped off (while dancing,) with the bra showing through would be pretty racy. Maybe her partner was soooo enthralled by her charms, that he just couldn't resist ripping away her dress!

Yes, I'm waaaay old enough to remember "Breakfast At Tiffany's", heck, I even have a copy of it on vhs...the tiara still looks dumb.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The ice dancers dresses are no more revealing or garish than any dresses worn for ballroom dance competetion. As far as showing some skin, these gals are young and have great bodies.

DORISPULASKI said:
M&Z's Yankee Polka Outfits-tomato soup colored with an absolutely enormous white bow on Morgan's back. Of course, with polka, bad is good...

Katie Orscher's bullseye SP outfit

Sasha's SP. She's wearing my upstairs bathmat as a skirt, what's with that?
If it's to be gypsy, she should change around the bodice. As it is, it looks like she wrapped the bathmat around one of her regular costumes.

Jaime Silverstein's polka outfit looked like she sewed sequins on the game room couch pillows and capped it with a nylon curtain in yellow wrapped around the top. It kept getting loose and flopping around, which I'm sure was distracting to her.
:rofl: :rofl: Thanks, Doris P, you made my day.

MM :)

Jill

On the Ice
I thought the tiara was silly looking, too. But on the other hand, if she skated well, it might've worked.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Frau Muller said:
Amber - kill the tiara!
It's obvious what she was going for. She and Audrey Hepburn have the exact same body type, and she was skating to "Moon River." It simply turned out to be one of those ideas that looked alot better on paper than it did when actually demonstrated. At least there was some sort of creativity at work there. :cool:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
One outfit I really liked that hasn't been mentioned is Megan Williams-Stewart's SP dress. Different from what you usually see. Beautiful color and liked the way the skirt moved as she skated. However, points off for the stockings not tucked into the boots. Either cover the boot or tuck them in.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

K-Mo

On the Ice
I liked the colors of Sasha's costume, but I wish she would keep both sleeves the same. What's the deal with a plungling neckline, when there is nothing to plunge down?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IDLERACER said:
I keep hearing in another thread in these forums that Tiffany Stiegler was all tartted up and looking sexy. Since ESPN didn't show that performance, I was wondering if there's a picture of it anywhere on the web, and can anyone post a link to it? Hey, I'm a guy, and I like that sort of thing.:biggrin:
Here you go Idle. Click on the picture and you get a really big pic.

http://gjpix.com/alaskanmagic/3258333

Dee

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
She looked stunning! I wonder how long that took to get the hair teased up like that??

I loved Nick Traxler and Charlotte Maxwell's costumes in the FD! Gorgeous!!!!! Anybody has a link? I took a lot of photos but it will get me a while to post them.

Justafan

On the Ice
I don't like John Baldwin's velvet costume. It looks bulky. The only other thing that bugs me are when the ladie's tights are too ummm tight and it starts looking like a thong after a while. Didn't see too much of that in the nats, but saw quite a few in international comp throughout the year. I also did not like Stephanie Rosenthal's costume, but loved her style.

Last edited:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Amber's Breakfast at Tiffany's look went with her program much better last year, when she actually skated so much better. Poor Amber, she had a rotten season in the GP and then bombed in the nationals sp. Hope she does better in the long so she can go out on a high note! :agree:

S

SkateFan4Life

nubka said:
Well, I have to say that although she is sooooo pretty, I simply destested Tanith's red ripped dress/bra combo...icky, yuck, tacky, etc... However, I though Agusto looked great!

I thought Amber Corwin's dress was a dream (I liked it best out of the ladies,) but the tiara looked affected.

What say you?

ITA agree with you about Tanith's ugly red dress. It was hideous and close to being, well, vulgar. I thought there were rules about figure skating costumes being "modest and appropriate for athletic competition". I disliked most of the dresses worn by the ice dancers, for much of the same reason.

One of these days Tanith and/or the other girls will trip over their costumes or lose their costumes while competing. What will they call this - another "costume malfunction". :rofl:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The pink part of Tanith's FD dress reminds me of the Little Mermaid's top.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Can't believe Timmy didn't change his LP costume. That thing is truly awful.

Last edited:

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Is "Camille" taking over Johnny's mind? LOL I almost fell in the floor laughing when Kurt Browning said Johnny named his orange/red glove Camille..lol So that is why he has had all of these interesting comments. Has anyone ever seen the South Park episode where Cartman's hand become Jennifer Lopez? lol

Well there you have it!!! Camille has taken over Johnny...:rofl:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
equestrianguy said:
Is "Camille" taking over Johnny's mind? LOL I almost fell in the floor laughing when Kurt Browning said Johnny named his orange/red glove Camille..lol So that is why he has had all of these interesting comments. Has anyone ever seen the South Park episode where Cartman's hand become Jennifer Lopez? lol

Well there you have it!!! Camille has taken over Johnny...:rofl:

Hehe that was one of the best South Park episodes evah! I don't thinkI'll ever be able to look at Johnny without thinking about Cartman ever again!