Senior Ladies final results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies final results

rain

Record Breaker
screech said:
While I'm tired of Beillmans, I dont think its right to ban one particular position. I mean, that position isn't used any more than the camel/spiral position. Or the sit position... so then it would go to say that a basic spiral would have to be limited too, but that position is also in camels, so that would have to be limited...

I just say darn that Irina for pimping the Beillman so much that everyone wants to have a go with it!

Okay, I was exaggerating a bit when I said it should be banned, LOL, but not on the Zayak rule for Beillmans idea. Yes, the sit spin position and basic spiral are also well-used, but there are what? maybe one or two per program? The problem with the Beillman position is that it has infected people's programs until they're practically contorting themselves into it during jumps....(that's an exaggeration too, just to be clear, lol). Slutskaya spends half her program with her foot stuck up behind her head. It's boring choreographically. It's used in spins and spirals, over and over and over again. I really don't want to see it more than once or twice in a program, just like I don't really want to see eight triple loops. We get it, you can do it. It's hard. But what it's doing now is taking away from creativity and variation in movement.

passion

On the Ice
CDMM1991 said:
So happy for Lesley! Would have loved to see her go to the Olympics, but a podium finish is still great in comparison to all of her past results. She is one of the, if not the, nicest skaters I have ever met, and is also one of the most sportsmanlike athletes I have ever seen. She is a true inspiration I think, because even without great results, she has pushed through and continued to enjoy skating. I also find it extremely interesting and intriguing that she didn't land her first triple until she was sixteen. I think this shows that no matter how little "natural talent" you have at a young age, you can still succeed if you keep working. I do have to concede that Mira deserved it and is also a very gracious and sportsmanlike athlete.

This is the first time I've seen Lesley and I was pleasantly surprised about her overall skating quality. I look forward to seeing her more.

I like this quotation because it think sportsmanship is extremely important. I think character is more important than how well you do. So what if say you come first, but your attitude stinks. People will only be talking about what a rude, snotty person you are. I also like this quotation because I do find the fact that Lesley landing her first triple at sixteen very inspiring and admirable. There is so much hype about how young a skater is when they start landing triples. I think it is even more admirable when an older person is landing them. It goes against what other people say about you're too old for this and that.