Pairs Free Skate results | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate results

rain

Record Breaker
Wow! I can't wait to see this! Dube and Davison, whoo hoo. Looks like they kicked butt and came within an inch of winning the LP. I hope they're named to the Olympic team, as I think this team has a tremendous future on the world stage. Langlois and Hay, as I thought they might, showed some of the cracks I expected as a brand new pair. Promising start to thier career together, though. Feel bad for Putnam and Wirtz - the third best FS but were too far in the hole after their bad short. Hope they send Wakamatsu and Fecteau to Four Continents - They could send them, Langlois and Hay and Putnam and Wirtz - that would be a winning mix, I think.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I have a feeling both Wakamatsu/Fecteau and Putnam/Wirtz will end up splitting up after this year. I always doubted Langlois/Hay would pull through enough in the LP to hold 2nd, I really like them, and hope they dont get discouraged, they have come a long way in a short time, and have a great future in the sport.

Saundy

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
I have a feeling both Wakamatsu/Fecteau and Putnam/Wirtz will end up splitting up after this year. I always doubted Langlois/Hay would pull through enough in the LP to hold 2nd, I really like them, and hope they dont get discouraged, they have come a long way in a short time, and have a great future in the sport.

I have the same feeling...sadly enough. :frown:

rain

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:

You never know in the world of pairs, but I hope you're wrong about the team splits. I really like both these teams.
I finally feel this year like Putnam and Wirtz, in particular are finally coming into their own and starting to realize some of their potential. Even though they didn't make the Olympic team, I feel like this was something of a break-out year for them. Internationally it certainly was.
As for Wakamatsu and Fecteau I've liked this team since I first saw them. They have something special - though this year they haven't had as great results.