Matt got 3rd!!!!!!!! *bounce**bounce* | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Matt got 3rd!!!!!!!! *bounce**bounce*

shine

Record Breaker
Aww, Matt is so loved. I'm lurrrrving this. And he's just SMOKIN' HOT these days! I hope he will make himself and all of us proud at the Olympics. I know he has it in him!!!

sycamore29

Spectator
Ita!

I had every finger crossed for Matt after Weiss skated and the judges were posting their scores. I think if Weiss had bumped Matt off the team by placing third - that would have been the final skating disappointment straw for me.

YAY MATT! :agree: Finally they got it right!

I'm praying he does even better in Turino!

isk82

On the Ice
My husband and I were thrilled for Matt. We have watched him practice many times at the rink in Peoria. He would skate after the public session and we would stay to watch him when we were done. He is such a nice guy and a hard worker and SMART! His triple axels were HUGE this weekend!! It was so good to see him pull it all together. I hope he skates well at the Olympics - regardless of where he places.

P.S. He has the most beautiful, biggest waltz jump I have ever seen!!

Go Matt!

I doubt he'll make the top ten. Consider the following:

Evgeni
Brian
Stephane
Stefan
Daisuke
Chenji
Emanuel
Jeffrey
Johnny
Evan

Not to mention: Dambier, Klimkin

Where does Matt fit in that above listing? He will need more than a Paul Wylie, imo. I would have preferred Michael who would ensure a score for 2 qualifiers for another int'l competition.

Joe

Lanie

On the Ice
PrincessLeppard said:
I am so thrilled that Matt made the Olympic team after having been unjustly left off the 2002 team. (I was so worried that piece of history was going to repeat itself and I was going to have leap off my balcony in frustration...) He goes into the Olympics with no pressure, and I hope he will skate beautifully and is scored appropriately. His programs are just beautiful and intricate and his skating skills are awesome. He should score near, or higher, than Jeff Buttle, in my opinion. I'm sure some will disagree. :) But congrats to Matt! :bow:

I agree whole-heartedly! Matt's just got that extra something. His skating is just so beautiful. I could watch him stroke around the rink all day... :love:

Alsace

On the Ice
The Olympics are not a qualifying competition for anything, IIRC. Recall that in 1994, Nancy's Olympic silver medal accomplished nothing toward earning the US spots for the 1995 world championship. Only Michelle's top-ten finish in the 1994 Worlds counted.

76olympics

On the Ice
Joe-I am going to have to take a cue from Sasha: "Don't rain on our parade!"
Realistically , I know Plushenko will win and I know all of the likely contenders, but I really LOVED Matt's skating. I just gotta root for the underdog.

FreeKatie

On the Ice
I was sad for Mike, but more happy for Matt - I'm sure it will mean the world to him to be an Olympian.:agree:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
FreeKatie said:
I was sad for Mike, but more happy for Matt - I'm sure it will mean the world to him to be an Olympian.:agree:

Yup, me too! I really would've been happier with Mike medaling than Evan, but that didn't happen, so I'm glad Matt's getting to go to the Olys since Mike's had his two Oly experiences.