Does anyone know when they'll announce? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Does anyone know when they'll announce?

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Ok, mistake I made. It's January 27th, not 22nd. They will be monitoring her just like they did Nancy Kerrigan.

Also, here's the deal: I wanna puke when I listen to Peggy Fleming anymore. Good grief, woman, get off my television.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
I would assume that it will be the same as Kerrigan's. Two test skates. One of her SP and one of her LP.

I think Todd had to do the same thing as did Paul Wylie. So that's that!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yay!!!!!! And now I'm heading to higher ground (my bed) to avoid a tsunami of bile from a certain Kwan-hating poster.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Is Peggy talking right now? What did she have to say about it?

You get your shot, Michelle, now stay healthy and get all those jumps consistant again.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Peggy Fleming contributes nothing to any conversation. Ok, sorry, but I've just about had all I can take of Peggy for the past several years. Anyhow her most endearing remark was "We haven't even seen Kwan's LP this season". Now how dumb was that?

Paul Wylie said Cohen was the best skater artistically. And they both made a comment that Kwan hadn't competed under COP. Now they probably should have qualified that to mean THIS season because she certainly competed under COP at Worlds 2005. Where do they get some of these people? Oh, I know. I like Paul so I'll cut him some slack. Must be all that stuff rubbing off Peggy onto him.:rofl:

cianni

On the Ice
SashaSashaSasha

Read the article. Sasha your fangs are out. That foot in mouth disease needs medical treatment. What a shame Sasha cant just be happy for Michelle instead of the digs about earning a spot. Michelle earned a spot many yrs ago.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
OMG, I can't believe she'd make that remark. Slight dig, eh? Oh well, that's Sasha for ya! Puts her silver medals in different shoe boxes? Emily seemed extremely happy with her bronze medal. Don't guess she'll be putting it in a shoe box.

I have to agree, cianni. Why can't some people just be happy for others?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
cianni said:
Read the article. Sasha your fangs are out. That foot in mouth disease needs medical treatment. What a shame Sasha cant just be happy for Michelle instead of the digs about earning a spot. Michelle earned a spot many yrs ago.

This is what I read in the article.

I know they worked hard all year, and it would be nice for them to go since they earned their spots.

How can you interpret that Sasha has her fangs out. That's just silly!!!!

Dee

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
How many ladies have got the chance to go to Worlds and the Olympics because of Kwan's consistently high placements. Instead of dissing her they ought to be:bow: :bow: :bow:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Piel said:
How many ladies have got the chance to go to Worlds and the Olympics because of Kwan's consistently high placements. Instead of dissing her they ought to be:bow: :bow: :bow:

You got that right, Piel............:clap: 42

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
This is what I read in the article.

I know they worked hard all year, and it would be nice for them to go since they earned their spots.

How can you interpret that Sasha has her fangs out. That's just silly!!!!

Dee

Well, since I didn't say Sasha has her fangs out, I know that's not directed at me. But I can see how it COULD be interpreted that way. She could have left off the last 5 words and said "I know they worked hard all year and it would be nice for them to go". The "since they earned their spots" could be interpreted as a dig at Kwan for not earning her spot. That's the "let me talk without thinking" part of Sasha that I don't care for. But I'm not sure I'd say she has her fangs out. More like she's dismayed that Kwan's going but won't say it outright, just make these little digs about "earning a spot".:laugh:

humbaba

Final Flight
Panther2000 said:
Old topic but, it was luck .

She skated great hower she need major mistakes form all 3 ladies infront of her in order to move up. & they did.

Lets get real here. She won but, not without help from her competition. .

But can't the same thing be said of other winners of other competitions? I see no reason why Sarah Hughes should be singled out for scorn in this regard. Keeping it together and performing your best when the competition has fallen apart isn't "luck". It's determination and mental toughness. Two invaluable qualities for any athlete in any sport.

The ability to capitalize on the mistakes of one's opponents is often what separates the men from the boys, the women from the girlies, the winners from the losers. I've noticed that having a higher ranked competitor hand one an opportunity on a platter creates more nerves and pressure for a skater, not less. In fact, most skaters seem to crack under this kind of stress. Hughes didn't, and she deserves all the credit in the world for that.

cianni

On the Ice
Dee4707

Read the remarks as they were stated. Michelle got a bye and Sasha was saying she should not go because she didnt earn it. Sasha is the only skater saying the same thing over and over about earning a spot. Sorry her fangs are out. She won with the usual flawed programs so its time for her to clean up her skating cause you can bet a flawed program isnt going to cut it at the Olys. Remember these were our judges and as the commentators said the marks were quite high but not at the Olys. All the skaters marks were inflated as most Nats are . The international judges will not be so generous. Most of the skaters are supportive of Michelle why cant Sasha be. My guess jealousy.

brinababy87

Rinkside
cianni said:
She won with the usual flawed programs so its time for her to clean up her skating cause you can bet a flawed program isnt going to cut it at the Olys.
She won a silver medal with a flawed program at Worlds last year. Which skater didn't?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
realistic51 said:
Well, since I didn't say Sasha has her fangs out, I know that's not directed at me. But I can see how it COULD be interpreted that way. She could have left off the last 5 words and said "I know they worked hard all year and it would be nice for them to go". The "since they earned their spots" could be interpreted as a dig at Kwan for not earning her spot. That's the "let me talk without thinking" part of Sasha that I don't care for. But I'm not sure I'd say she has her fangs out. More like she's dismayed that Kwan's going but won't say it outright, just make these little digs about "earning a spot".:laugh:
I guess I don't get all silly over articles because they are written by someone else. I really, really don't think that Sasha would ever say a mean thing about Michelle.

I guess I don't understand why you would believe what was written. All that's written is not the gospel truth or even quoted right. Like I said that is just silly

Dee

GoldforMercedes

Spectator
cianni said:
Read the remarks as they were stated. Michelle got a bye and Sasha was saying she should not go because she didnt earn it. Sasha is the only skater saying the same thing over and over about earning a spot. Sorry her fangs are out. She won with the usual flawed programs so its time for her to clean up her skating cause you can bet a flawed program isnt going to cut it at the Olys. Remember these were our judges and as the commentators said the marks were quite high but not at the Olys. All the skaters marks were inflated as most Nats are . The international judges will not be so generous. Most of the skaters are supportive of Michelle why cant Sasha be. My guess jealousy.

This illustrates why Sasha was and still is the number TWO U.S. skater. Jealous Much, Sasha. Be grateful in your win. True champions WANT to skate against the best. Fear is written all over you, like white on rice.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
I guess I don't get all silly over articles because they are written by someone else. I really, really don't think that Sasha would ever say a mean thing about Michelle.

I guess I don't understand why you would believe what was written. All that's written is not the gospel truth or even quoted right. Like I said that is just silly

Dee

Well, I haven't been SILLY in a long time, Dee. And I don't believe everything I read otherwise I would have voted for Bush.:laugh: And you can think what you want about whether Sasha would ever say a mean thing about Michelle or vice versa, my point was, and still is, that she could have just ended her remark without adding the "earned their spots" qualifier on the end of it. That's all. Do I think she's being mean? Not necessarily. Actually I think she just speaks without thinking as we all do from time to time. I don't understand why you would believe that what she said wasn't quoted right when I suppose we'll be seeing that exact quote in several different newspaper articles by several different reporters. I guess they all got together and decided to "spice" up Cohen's remarks. Yeah, that would make sense.

I don't believe Sasha is a vicious person or that she has her fangs out. I do think that in the back of her mind she didn't want Kwan at the Olympics. Why? Who knows? With or without Kwan there, Sasha has an uphill battle to win the OGM, IMO. Oh well, we can just disagree.

OT: BTW, are you going to COI when it comes here July 2nd?