The U.S. Olympic team has just been announced | Golden Skate

The U.S. Olympic team has just been announced

Spirit

On the Ice
It's official: Kwan, Cohen, Meissner.

We came close to having an Olympic team whose last names were completely the same as in 2002.

Emily says she is going to keep training because one can never know what will happen. I presume she will be the alternate.

kyla2

Final Flight
No Surprise

No surprise here and the right decision. If Michelle can't compete at a level she is happy with, she will take herself off the team. If she can compete at a high level, she may yet medal. I wish them all the best.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wow, that result was so unpredictable. :biggrin:

That said, I think this is the best team the U.S. can send. They can only hope MK has a full recovery and can skate to the best of her ability in Turin.

Jasper

Final Flight
Not surprising, but Hughes should be named to the Worlds team, at least! Kwan doesn't deserve spots on both.

cmego500

Rinkside
anything_for_skating said:
Where is Jennifer Kirk?

She retired i believe.

Good choice they made! I truly believe that even at Michele's worst, she's still better than Hughes and the 2nd alternate.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Jasper said:
Not surprising, but Hughes should be named to the Worlds team, at least! Kwan doesn't deserve spots on both.

ITA. Tho I somehow doubt that Michelle will go to Worlds anyway, even if she was named to the team.

mzheng

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
I doubt they are worried too much to be honest. :rofl:
That's percisely the description of haters. Hate's her for no reason, no matter what just don't want see her.

btw, don't :rofl: too early. Game is not start yet. It's not over until its over.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
mzheng said:
That's percisely the description of haters. Hate's her for no reason, no matter what just don't want see her.

btw, don't :rofl: too early. Game is not start yet. It's not over until its over.

I dont hate here, it is simply quite obvious Slutskaya and Cohen for example have very little to worry about with Kwan. If they do their own jobs, she wont come close to them this year. I actually like Kwan more than Cohen BTW.

mzheng

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
I dont hate here, it is simply quite obvious Slutskaya and Cohen for example have very little to worry about with Kwan. If they do their own jobs, she wont come close to them this year. I actually like Kwan more than Cohen BTW.
Read the contents, through the reply chain.

I'll bet this is just killing the Kwan-haters.

I doubt they are worried too much to be honest.

So put your answer in this context, do you mean Irina and Sasha are Kwan-haters? :cool:

I thought it just killing the Kwan-haters, since they hate her no matter what, they are not worry they hate.

And FYI, I don't know Irina. Sasha sure was worried before MK announce the withdraw.

nubka

Final Flight
Just because you think a skater's programs are dull/slightly boring/yesterday's news, doesn't mean you HATE them...it just means you don't like aspects of their skating. Hate is really a very strong word to be throwing around. How can you hate a person that you have never met and don't know personally? Isn't that what little kids do?

After watching this Nationsals, I'd like to see Stephanie Rosenthal (or whoever choreographed her programs,) do programs for Kwan, Slutskaya, and Cohen !! I could maybe see Slutskaya in Rosenthal's SP, but even at that, it's a stretch!

It's great to see a skater "think out of the box." I wonder what Rosenthal's scores would have been like, if she really had the jumps...?

Last edited:

IndieBoi

On the Ice
OT, anyone knows if number of berths for 2007 Worlds will be based on the Olympics results, or Worlds?

cmego500

Rinkside
It's always worlds idie boi.

Also about Hughes being named to the world team, i feel as though if Kwan medals at the olympics and decides that she wants to compete at worlds, they will probably change their minds and replace hughes with kwan.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
LBC said:
"Cohen, Meissner and Hughes have been named to the World Championship team in Calgary. Czisny, Taylor and Christine Zukowski (Univ. of Delaware FSC) will head to the World Junior Championships in Slovenia"

What about Beatrisa Liang? She finished ahead of both Zukowski and Czisny at Nationals. I can understand Alissa being appointed to Junior Worlds because of her success on the GP circuit, but Zukowski? This was Bebe's 6th trip to the U.S Nationals and she's done very well all 6 times. Why has she never done Junior worlds or the senior/junior GP events?

Last edited:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
cmego500 said:
It's always worlds idie boi.

Also about Hughes being named to the world team, i feel as though if Kwan medals at the olympics and decides that she wants to compete at worlds, they will probably change their minds and replace hughes with kwan.

I disagree. They would not do that.

Too much controversy after naming the teams. They have been very fair in the past to the skaters.