Sasha Cohen's "Don't Rain on My Parade" Exhibition | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's "Don't Rain on My Parade" Exhibition

S

SkateFan4Life

Sasha Cohen is skating to Barbra Streisand's "Don't Rain on My Parade" from "Funny Girl".

Guess nobody rained on Sasha's "parade" at Nationals this year. :biggrin:

jesslily

Final Flight
It seems that Sasha did not put in any jumps. I think she should. Truely mastering jumps means you can excute the jumps when you are not 100% energetic.

millie

Medalist
jesslily said:
It seems that Sasha did not put in any jumps. I think she should. Truely mastering jumps means you can excute the jumps when you are not 100% energetic.

Sasha was sick all last week, didn't practise at all, and pulled of that program last night. She was probably not well enough to do the jumps that she did last night when it counted. Same can be said for other skaters, mastering jumps means you can excute the jumps when you are not 100%.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
jesslilly, it was an exhibition. Sasha did what she needed....all of the moves that her fans love to see. She looked adorable and gave her fans something to cheer about. It would be crazy to risk doing jumps when she's not feeling well for an exhibition with the Olympics so close. Yikes I'm asking a Sashafan to cut Sasha a break:rofl: .

jesslily

Final Flight
Sasha was not the only one battling cold or flu. Kimmie was sick for the week and she told the Peter or Kirt she still practiced every day. Probably there are few others who got sick but they did not have the opportunity to make announcement about their cold or flu. The pressure of competing for Olympic team, for best finish at nationals, and with people who skate better or same level around you own, can make skaters easily get sick or injuried.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I enjoyed her exhibition number and didn't even miss or think about the jumps until the end when I thought.........she didn't put any jumps in.........so who cares.

Dee

S

SkateFan4Life

Dee4707 said:
I enjoyed her exhibition number and didn't even miss or think about the jumps until the end when I thought.........she didn't put any jumps in.........so who cares.

Dee

Well, it was an exhibition performance, not a competition performance. Sasha did the jumps when they counted. We shall see what happens in the weeks ahead.......

soogar

Record Breaker
jesslily said:
Sasha was not the only one battling cold or flu. Kimmie was sick for the week and she told the Peter or Kirt she still practiced every day. Probably there are few others who got sick but they did not have the opportunity to make announcement about their cold or flu. The pressure of competing for Olympic team, for best finish at nationals, and with people who skate better or same level around you own, can make skaters easily get sick or injuried.

Kimmie also isn't 90 pounds like Sasha either. Sasha looked horrible at Nationals and I've never seen her so painfully thin. When a person trains hard and diets intensively (and I know Sasha is dieting), illness hits them very hard. Combine that with nerves and stress and I can understand her being more affected by the flu than Kimmie.

jesslily said:
No one has ever WOWED Sasha's jumps.

Joe

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
soogar said:
Kimmie also isn't 90 pounds like Sasha either. Sasha looked horrible at Nationals and I've never seen her so painfully thin. When a person trains hard and diets intensively (and I know Sasha is dieting), illness hits them very hard. Combine that with nerves and stress and I can understand her being more affected by the flu than Kimmie.

Why is she dieting and how do you know this?

mzheng

Record Breaker
lol, a little OT here.

Saw two threads running on at the same time.

Sasha Cohen's "Don't Rain on My Parade" Exhibition.
Johnny Wier's "My Way" Exhibition.

I'm tempted to start a thread "Michelle's 'You Raise Me Up' Exhibition"......Just can't resist the thought that seems skaters do chose Exhibition number to tell ppl what's the persona they are.

millie

Medalist
mzheng said:
lol, a little OT here.

Saw two threads running on at the same time.

Sasha Cohen's "Don't Rain on My Parade" Exhibition.
Johnny Wier's "My Way" Exhibition.

I'm tempted to start a thread "Michelle's 'You Raise Me Up' Exhibition"......Just can't resist the thought that seems skaters do chose Exhibition number to tell ppl what's the persona they are.

Too bad Michelle couldn't skate it at Nationals. I agree with you that skaters seems to chose Exhibition numbers to tell people what's the persona they are. Sasha's Exhibition "Don't Rain on My Parade" was the right one for her. There seems to be a lot of raining on Sasha's parade since she won the Nationals. It has been coming down in buckets. She probablly skated it for that very reason because she knew that people would be pouring their not so nice thoughts on her and nice thoughts on someone else.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
millie said:
Too bad Michelle couldn't skate it at Nationals. I agree with you that skaters seems to chose Exhibition numbers to tell people what's the persona they are. Sasha's Exhibition "Don't Rain on My Parade" was the right one for her. There seems to be a lot of raining on Sasha's parade since she won the Nationals. It has been coming down in buckets. She probablly skated it for that very reason because she knew that people would be pouring their not so nice thoughts on her and nice thoughts on someone else.
Please. She probably skated to it since she's been using since LAST YEAR and we all know how she likes to keep her programs FOREVER.

Lanie

On the Ice
Sasha used DROMP a bit last season (debuted it at Worlds, I think) and then skated it during COI and it's her current exhibition this season. I don't see the problem. It's a fun program! And of course, dancindiva03, the only reason you're posting in this thread is to... dun dun dun... rain on Sasha's parade! (Or bash her like you tend to. Same diff!)

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Lanie said:
Sasha used DROMP a bit last season (debuted it at Worlds, I think) and then skated it during COI and it's her current exhibition this season. I don't see the problem. It's a fun program! And of course, dancindiva03, the only reason you're posting in this thread is to... dun dun dun... rain on Sasha's parade! (Or bash her like you tend to. Same diff!)
How is it bashing (or raining, if you will?) to point out that Sasha has a tendency to hang on to her programs for a long time? My point was NOT a bash, but to demonstrate that she didn't do it as a "So there, I won, don't ruin it for me", she did it because she's been using it a while, since the last Worlds and all through COI, right? All I was saying is that its not like it is a new program that she picked just becuase she knew she would win and wanted to rub it in everyone's faces. Stop being so overly sensitive, will you please?

orchid

On the Ice
Clearly the jumps were omitted to allow her to have, for the first time, an event with no polishing of the ice. Although, she and a couple of whoa-nellies in the long program, she had a good, but not great skate.

Am sure she is happy to have stayed on her feet, both of them, at the exhibition.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I wonder if she will be keeping DROMP for her Oly exhibition -- and what people will say if she uses it, but didn't win the OGM?

mzheng

Record Breaker
millie said:
You missed my point, millie.

But anyway, I'm not the one to rain your dear's parade. I even congrated her for her first US title in another board. If I had intention to rain on your dear's parade, there are bath-tubs water, not the buckets, available there. Take it easy, OK?