#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Aiwe said:
Just a dream :)

Men: Plushenko, Joubert, Lambiel

Pairs:
1 - Obertas/Slavnov
2 - Dube/Davidson
3 - Tatmianina/Marinin :laugh: ( Dreams, dreams, dreams... )

Dance:
1 - Belbin/Agosto
2 - Drobiazko/Vanagas
3 - Pechelat/Bourzat

Ladies:
1. Sacha Cohen
2. Carolina Kostner
3. Irina Sluyskaya
Just wanted to let you know, it's Sasha Cohen, not Sacha Cohen.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Michelle Kwan
Sasha Cohen
Joannie Rochette

Emanuel Sandhu
Jeff Buttle
Stephane Lambiel

(All with clean skates :) )

Shen and Zhao
Totmianina and Marinin
Dubé and Davison

Navka and Kostomarov
Delobel and Scheonfelder
Dubreuil and Lauzon

What can I say? You said your DREAM podium. These are the people that would medal in my DREAMS. :laugh:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
76olympics said:
JonnyCoop, I must burst out now and say "Blumberg and Seibert were SO robbed!" When Torvill and Dean won with "Bolero", how can "Schezerade" be called atypical for ice dance? ( I know I need help with the spelling of Schez....:rofl: ). That makes me upset just thinking about it! They were awesome ice dancers and deserved the silver, IMHO!

ABSOLUTELY. And it's coming up on now on 22 years later, and I can still a do a nice 20-minute tirade on Cia Bordogna (the Italian judge whose mark left them off the podium entirely)........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

heyang

Record Breaker
LADIES:
Kwan
Cohen
Slutskaya

MEN:
Plushenko - he's really not my favorite, but I gotta give it to him for general technique and longevity.
Lambiel - love his spins
Buttle

PAIRS:
Shen/Zhao for gold
I have no idea who else I would want on the podium - s/z are the only pairs teams that I love to watch at present.

DANCE:
Belbin/Agosto
DuBreuil/Lauzon
Lithuanian couple D/V

heyang

Record Breaker
If you pick a tie for gold, there are 2 gold medals and 1 bronze medal presented only. The theory is that one of the 2 gold medalists would otherwise have silver.

I think a tie for silver would mean 1 gold and 2 silvers - no bronze

I have no idea what they would do if there was a tie for bronze.....

geoskate

On the Ice
Since it is a dream podium, this will not necessarily have any relationship to reality:

DANCE:
1. Drobiazko/Vanagas - I love the strength of their skating.
2. Belbin/Agosto - I like the complexity of their footwork and holds.
3. Delobel/Schoenfelder - I like their choreography.

PAIRS:
1. Shen/Zhao !!! - I like everything about them.
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy - I like the their power, especially her.
3. Dube/Davison - I like the sheer beauty of their skating.

WOMEN:
1. Irina Slutskaya - More for her character and perserverance than for her skating, although I enjoy that also.
2. Joannie Rochette - For her speed (at least at Canadians) and beautiful choreography.
3. Fumie Suguri - For her speed and beautiful choreography.

MEN:
1. Stephane Lambiel - For his spins and general artistry.
2. Evgeni Plushenko - For me, his programs are about as interesting as the worst programs by Elvis Stojko, but I admire his jumps and power and also his work ethic.
3. Daisuke Takahashi - My favourite male skater right now.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
#1Kerryfan said:
Now that three events are done, what do you think of the actual podiums?

The pairs event makes me really appreciate Michelle's courage in withdrawing. After all, there were many similarities in her situation and with S/Z -- both had multiple injuries (it wasn't Zhao's Achilles tendon that forced them to withdraw from Worlds); both had their jumps back shortly before their event; neither had competed all season and both had to debut their programs at Olys). Yet, when the music started and the adrenaline was pumping, S/Z showed that these factors are not fatal.

In the men's event, I don't like the idea that more points are gained by a fall on the quad than for clean triples. I would have given the bronze to Evan.

I think I would have had the French team on the podium, along with N/K and B/A. I felt so badly, though, about the Canadian skater getting hurt that I really didn't take much pleasure in this event.