Judges Scores Posted! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Judges Scores Posted!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Joe, If you look in the link that Number Cruncher provided, there is a listing for Senior Pairs. Download the PDF file (being sure first to have the appropriate level of Adobe to read it). First in the file are all the SP scores. Then they have put in all the LP scores. N&L were 5th in the LP. If you look at their detailed scores, you will find an entry that says:

3Li 0

That's the offending lift. Since there is no level of difficulty, that is the indication that you're going to see Base Score of 0, GOE 0, and Score for Element of 0.

So they list it, but give it 0 value.

Number Cruncher and Mathman: The best way to search the ISU site is with Google. Go to the Google search page and pick the Advanced Option. Look down the page till you get to the part about Limit your Search to the following site. In the blank, put in isu.org (no www). Then fill in all your other search conditions, hit the Google Search key, and you're there.

Not only will only ISU pages be listed, Google handily tells you that you might not be able to read the PDF file, so read their TEXT version here (click on it)

And you're there!!!

DORISPULASKI said:
Number Cruncher and Mathman: The best way to search the ISU site is with Google. Go to the Google search page and pick the Advanced Option. Look down the page till you get to the part about Limit your Search to the following site. In the blank, put in isu.org (no www). Then fill in all your other search conditions, hit the Google Search key, and you're there.

Not only will only ISU pages be listed, Google handily tells you that you might not be able to read the PDF file, so read their TEXT version here (click on it)

And you're there!!!
You are world's greatest genius.

I am the world's biggest idiot.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Last edited:
N

nthuz

When I linked to the score sheets, I went straight to senior ladies to see what Stephanie R got for her footwork.

No-one scored higher and in my world, SR's was better than SC's (both got 3.74 for level 3 ftwk).

Mathman said:
You are world's greatest genius.

I am the world's biggest idiot.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
If you go to competitions LIVE sometimes, and sit near Doris, you will be amazed at the details you didn't see. She made my Nats much more interesting.

Joe

nthuz said:
When I linked to the score sheets, I went straight to senior ladies to see what Stephanie R got for her footwork.

No-one scored higher and in my world, SR's was better than SC's (both got 3.74 for level 3 ftwk).
That's very interesting. In the long program, however, Sasha got a total of 3.81 for her level 3 circular footwork, and Stephanie got only 3.67 for her straight line footwork. With the same base value, the difference was in the GOE.

BTW, as far as I can figure out by looking at these score sheets, there was no "random draw" of judges at U.S. Nationals. Just 9 judges, with the mean trimmed by throwing out the highest and lowest.

For instance, Sasha's GOE for her footwork sequence in the short program was

1 1 3 1 0 2 1 1 2

Throw out the 3 and the 0, average the remaining 7, multiply by .5 (the factor for positive GOEs on this element), and you get a total GOE of 0.64.

Stephanie gets the same result with GOEs of

2 2 1 1 0 1 0 2 2.

MM :)

Numbers Cruncher

Rinkside
Random judges

Mathman,

I seem to remember when dredging thru about 200 pages of stuff from governing council that usfsa judging will not be "hidden", judges will be identified. I'll dig around tomorrow.

NC

Numbers Cruncher

Rinkside
Random or not?

Mathman,

Here's the section from the governing council combined report of action.

2. Complete transparency will be employed in the marking of all events using the IJS. The marks of all judges, together with their names, shall be published. There shall be no anonymous judging. All judges selected for a panel shall be used as scoring judges. No blind draws of the judging panel will be utilized

NC.

Numbers Cruncher said:
Mathman,

2. Complete transparency will be employed in the marking of all events using the IJS. The marks of all judges, together with their names, shall be published. There shall be no anonymous judging. All judges selected for a panel shall be used as scoring judges. No blind draws of the judging panel will be utilized

NC.
What a great resource you are to this board, Numbers! Thanks.

Good for USFS. :agree:

As for the secret judging and the random draw for ISU events, we can argue pro and con about whether this has a statistical effect on the outcome (no, if you look at it the right way), or whether it protects judges form undue pressure from their federations (there must be a better way). But for sure it is a misstep for the ISU in terms of public relations.

The general public aready thinks figure skating judging is crooked. Secrecy just adds fuel to the fire, and needlessly so, IMHO.

MM :)

Numbers Cruncher said:
Mathman,

NC.
That's great news NC and thank you for bring it to our attention. BTW. Where do I look for the names of those judges.

Joe

Much thanks again, NC.

I could have written their names at the competitions but there was much discussions going on among the group where my seat was.

Joe