Johnny Weir changing his LP? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir changing his LP?

dfj

On the Ice
I guess I'll have to go back and watch Otonal again. Frankly, I don't see much difference between Johnny's last three LPs. All his skating (gorgeous as it is) looks the same to me.

I wish he had come up with something different this year.

jesslily

Final Flight
I think he made the right decision. His previous two years programs are much better than this year's long. The music cut has no logic. The choreography is like an apple pie without a crust.

flowjo35

On the Ice
Wow

The list of skaters either changing or going back to older programs before the olympics continues to grow. Good luck Johnny

Hikaru

Final Flight
Dee4707 said:
I love his Otoanl music so much and was really trying to get into his new program and music. At Nationals, I was really getting into the music when I think Kurt said..............this music sucks. Not in those exact words but meaning not very strong, too quieit whatever. To be honest, I think the music is beautiful and there is a very nice crescendo but I don't think Johnny is doing the music justice, not like he did with his Otonal programs.

Dee

I agree with you. As much as I love Johnny, he didn't skate this music as it should have. I like Maksim Mrvica's music, and the proof that the music is good is the reaction that Irina's program had last season. It is the type of music where you have to show excitement and power, and I think of Johnny as a more quiet style. Otoñal is the type of music that Johnny can easily interpret. I liked that program a lot!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I hope I´m wrong, because I really like Weir´s skating so much, but I cannot help having an awful feeling that Weir has lost his medal chances (or they have been lost for him, so much time wasted because of a wrong choreography regarding CoP). During the time he should have been training and training his Olympic short programme and freeskate, he has been changing and changing and again changing his freeskate. That is not the right way to approach the biggest competition there is for a skater. A skater needs a comfortable and reliable muscle memory regarding the programmes. That has been gotten from competitions and practices during the season.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jaana, I understand what you are saying but I hope you're wrong.

Dee :biggrin:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Jaana said:
I hope I´m wrong, because I really like Weir´s skating so much, but I cannot help having an awful feeling that Weir has lost his medal chances (or they have been lost for him, so much time wasted because of a wrong choreography regarding CoP). During the time he should have been training and training his Olympic short programme and freeskate, he has been changing and changing and again changing his freeskate. That is not the right way to approach the biggest competition there is for a skater. A skater needs a comfortable and reliable muscle memory regarding the programmes. That has been gotten from competitions and practices during the season.

Pure speculation on my part but maybe Johnny just doesn't feel comfrotable with this seasons LP and last seasons LP will still be in his muscle memory. if he feels something for the music then maybe that's sets off all the triggers he needs to skate the program well. He used otonal for a full season and that muscle memory doesn't go quickly.

Ant