Skating With Celebrities! | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Skating With Celebrities!

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
That's so neat about that show! Well, you know, it's like the one "Dancing With The Stars". And the 3 judges they have for "Skating With Celebrities" are like the same types on the other show and even "American Idol". The one who is real cranky and critical (Nicks), the female who is real positive and nice most of the time (Hamill), & the mediocore, technical one (Lund). I think it's funny. :laugh: It's so great that Scott Hamilton and Summer is hosting. I think, of course, it's big for the skating world. I believe Peggy Fleming had her own show, too, in the past! I don't know how long this one will last, but in the mean time, I'm watching it!:)

76olympics

On the Ice
"Today I went to my rink to skate and found out the adult sesson was cancelled because someone was renting the ice. Well the someones were Lloyd Eisler and Kristy Swanson practicing their skating for "Skating With Celebrities". I just walk into the rink and asked if they would mind if I watch. I think I surprised them because they didn't say no! For someone who hasn't skated before, Kristy is pretty good. She jumps left handed and Lloyd has to jump that way too even though he jumps the other way."
dlkksk8fan, thanks for telling us about your sighting! That must have been fun. For some reason, I thought the competition finished/taped months ago (hence, the availability of Mr. Nicks/Scott, etc.) Do you think they might have been practicing for publicity?

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
76olympics said:
"Today I went to my rink to skate and found out the adult sesson was cancelled because someone was renting the ice. Well the someones were Lloyd Eisler and Kristy Swanson practicing their skating for "Skating With Celebrities". I just walk into the rink and asked if they would mind if I watch. I think I surprised them because they didn't say no! For someone who hasn't skated before, Kristy is pretty good. She jumps left handed and Lloyd has to jump that way too even though he jumps the other way."
dlkksk8fan, thanks for telling us about your sighting! That must have been fun. For some reason, I thought the competition finished/taped months ago (hence, the availability of Mr. Nicks/Scott, etc.) Do you think they might have been practicing for publicity?

That is sooo cool! I think so, too! I think all of the skaters do so good for beginners! :clap:

Teenes

On the Ice
It was taped in September and October of last year, so they must have been practicing for publicity. That's neat, though!

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Just a quick reminder amongst all the Olympic hubbub that the show is on tonight at 8 Eastern.

Last edited:
Truth or fiction

This was in the Detroit Fee Press today:

"Star magazine is reporting that skater Lloyd Eisler and actress Kristy Swanson from the hit TV show "Skating with Celebrities" on Fox began as an awkward pair. But by the tend of the show's taping in October, the couple had managed to salchow their way into steamy love affair that broke up the marriage of Eisler and his very prenant wife.

"Within weeks of starting the affair, Eisler broke off his four-year marriage to Marcie, who was then eight months pregnant with their second child. Sources say that Swanson...forwarded Mrs. E. an email that Lloyd had sent her confessing his love to her. Call her Kristy the Marriage Slayer!

"According to the Star, Marcie confronted Lloyd about it; she signed their separation agreement Nov. 30. Swanson and Eisler are still double-lutzing together..."

Does the National Inquirer know about this?!!!!

MM

soogar

Record Breaker
Mathman said:

"Star magazine is reporting that skater Lloyd Eisler and actress Kristy Swanson from the hit TV show "Skating with Celebrities" on Fox began as an awkward pair. But by the tend of the show's taping in October, the couple had managed to salchow their way into steamy love affair that broke up the marriage of Eisler and his very prenant wife.

"Within weeks of starting the affair, Eisler broke off his four-year marriage to Marcie, who was then eight months pregnant with their second child. Sources say that Swanson...forwarded Mrs. E. an email that Lloyd had sent her confessing his love to her. Call her Kristy the Marriage Slayer!

"According to the Star, Marcie confronted Lloyd about it; she signed their separation agreement Nov. 30. Swanson and Eisler are still double-lutzing together..."

MM

What??? But they were steamy in their performance on Monday. I thought Kirsty was just acting when she gave Lloyd that "play kiss" at the end.

Now is Lloyd going to skate with Kirsty from now on? She was getting pretty darn good.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:

Swanson and Eisler are still double-lutzing together..."

MM
Double-lutxing together, for shame!!!

Dee

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
mathmann-
I can't believe that is true. One of the moms at my rink was telling me that he and his wife just had a new baby. I'm going to try and find out the truth! lol!

FreeKatie

On the Ice
I just read an article about this too. If its true there must have already been problems before he took up with Swanson. It's too bad, hope they can all work it out.