Skating With Celebrities! | Golden Skate

Skating With Celebrities!

Johar

Medalist
I have got to watch this show that starts tonight. In the previews it looks like blood and guts out there.

Former teen idol singer Debbie Gibson is one, along with David Coulier of Full House, Todd Bridges of Different Strokes, etc.

The pairings:

Nancy Kerrigan and Dave Coulier
Jenni Meno and Todd Bridges
Tai Babilonia and Bruce Jenner
John Zimmerman and Jillian Barberie
Kurt Browning and Deborah Gibson
Lloyd Eisler and Kristy Swanson

http://www.fox.com/skating/

IDLERACER

Medalist
I believe that Sasha Cohen is also supposed to be on the Tonight Show this evening.

The smart money has to be on either Zimmerman or Eisler. Judging from the previews that they have been showing, if you can avoid dropping the lady on her head, you will probably win.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
The smart money has to be on either Zimmerman or Eisler. Judging from the previews that they have been showing, if you can avoid dropping the lady on her head, you will probably win.

What about Kurt? I will put my money on him any day.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Yep, it's against Lost, Princess........looks like I'll be taping in one room and watching something else in another..........I love multi-tasking........:thumbsup: 42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
SPOILER

The judges:
John Nicks (plays the Simon Cowell role)
Dorothy Hamill
Mark Lund

Choreographers that were shown rRndy Gardner and Michael Siebbert

have been working on this for four weeks.

Theme: Music from the movies
Skill: spin with at least 3 revolutions can be pairs or single spin
Scoring: tech and Artistiv scores on 10.0

Kurt and Deborah
"How Do You Like Your Eggs In the Morning?" I have NEVER heard of this song
Best acting skills of all the pairs. Kurt was at a disadvantage as mainly a singles skater. Cute routine mostly foorwork with a spin.

Score:23.8 24.2 T.48.0

Tai and Bruce
"Up Where We Belong"
Tai is still so gorgeous! Unison good. Simple lift and spins. Two waltz jumps

Score: 24.3 24.5 T.46.8

Lloyd and Kristy
"The Air That I Breathe"
One is left handed and the other right. They spin in opposite directions but it looked kind of cool. She bobbled the spiral a little. He lifted her on his back. I liked them! She had nice positions.

Judges c/o lack of a connection between them and more energy (it was a very slow song)

Score: 23.8 23.7 T. 47.5

Jenni and Todd
"Wild Wild West"
Lots of joking from the two male judges about Jenni's lack of dance skills. Several dance sections pretty good rythym. Todds spin very uncentered he's very stiff. A throw single jump.
Score:23.3 24.4 T.47.4

Johnny Z:love: :love: :love: and Jillian
"The Trouble With Love"
D*** John Zimmerman is fine! John Nicks would have looked good skating with him, LOL I love this song. She skated as a child and teen.
Jillian was really pushing herself in practice.. She also holds her position well and her extension matches his on spiral. Geat spin. A couple twizzles. Simple lifts. Excellent!

Judges loved them.

Score: 25.8 26.0 T.51.8:rock: :clap: :rock:

Nancy and Dave
"Soul Man"
He plays hockey. Toepic! He ground them down, LOL. Very simple choreography. Nancy did a jump and a cartwheel. Judges loved it.? I think the great music carrid this one..good audience response.

Score: 24.4 24.9 49.3 Overmarked IMO

John/Jillian 51.8
Nancy/Dave 49.3
Tai/Bruce 48.8
Kurt/Deborah 48.0
Jenni/Todd47.7
Lloyd/Kristy 47.5

I would have had them
John/Jillian
Lloyd/Kristy
Tai/Bruce
Kurt/Deborah
Jenni/Todd
Nancy/Dave

Will be combined with next weeks scores and the pair with the lowest will go home. Next week all new costumes, music and routines.

Entertaining, I'll keep watching. John Nicks got lots of boos because of his comments ala Simon. It must be a British thing, LOL. If I were Sasha I would want my coach helping me train instead of doing this. I hope people won't trasfer their dislike for Nicks to Sasha. Dorothy Hamill looks great. Mark Lund seems like a nice guy.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure this show is taped since I can't imagine Scott Hamilton coming back from Torino to host the show.

Kurt was probably at the greatest disadvantage since he was the only male professional skater without pairs experience. Nancy used to skate pairs before singles.

I thought all the routines were in good fun. It is pretty unfair in sense because some of the celebrities have more skating experience than others.

Didn't John Nicks coach Jenni and Todd (Sands - :laugh: I just realized that bother her partners are Todd's)? Will he be overcritical as her former coach or express some favoritism?

BTW, only this show airs against Lost. It's regular time slot is on Monday's.

nubka

Final Flight
It was really fun watching this, but I thinks it's a bit unfair that Dave and Jillian both have prior skating experience. I think all the celebs should be starting from ground zero.

Other than that one complaint, it was fun, and I'll tune in next week.

griffin

Spectator
Celebrities airs tonight!

This was really fun to watch. Everyone seem to be giving it their all and really enjoying themselves.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Stupid, stupid, stupid. Who thought this up? I thought Kurt and his partner had the best choreography. Of course, Kurt could make anyone look good. Also, Lloyd was at a real disadvantange with his partner not having any experience - at least they looked like a pair. He presented her well. I can't believe the judges - going nuts for Bruce Jenner - he could barely stand up on his skates. Of course, Zimmerman is the most fortunate of the bunch as his partner obviously has taken figure skating lessons at some point in her life. Don't know if I will tune in again, but knowing me I will. I can't take this thing too seriously. I know it is all in fun. The skaters are good sports for taking a risk with newbies.

I think Nicks is right - Dorothy does need to wear her specs next time!!

nubka

Final Flight
I thought Bruce Jenner skated really well. Does anyone know how old Bruce is now? I'd be willing to bet that he's had some work done to his face, it looks kind of "tight." :unsure:

bems

Rinkside
Skating With Celebrities Dubious

I had great expectations for this show but based on the placement of
Lloyd and Kristy in last place it appears the fix is in.

By putting this great performance last, the panel of John Nicks, Dorothy Hamill and Mark Lund have shown their bias. At least two of the teams Todd and Jenni and Dave and Nancy are suspect. Todd and Jenni did the usual shake your booty program which was not impressive. And Dave shame on you for filing of your toe pics you should be disqualified. Any hockey jock could have done what you did!

John and Jillian were obvious firsts but second spot and fifth indicate that the judges fudged the presentation mark!

In an Olympic year full of controversy, I am not interested in witnessing any more degradation of the sport by watching this tripe. Light, mindless, fluffy entertainment it is skating it is not!

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I had fun watching this show. I actually got a big kick out of it. Hey, listen, we are in the age of crazy TV shows. Just take it as it is pure fluff entertainment and have fun with it. The important competition is coming up in February. Can't wait for that one!

Can you believe how gorgeous Tai Babilonia looks?!!!!!

Can you believe how gorgeous Dorothy Hamill looks?!!!!

nubka said:
I thought Bruce Jenner skated really well. Does anyone know how old Bruce is now? I'd be willing to bet that he's had some work done to his face, it looks kind of "tight."
He's 55. Right sprightly for an old codger. But his face, yeah, he'll be looking like Kenny Rodgers and Mary Tyler Moore before long.

Joe said:
I enjoyed Nicks the most.
Me, too. :rock:

nubka said:
It was really fun watching this, but I thinks it's a bit unfair that Dave and Jillian both have prior skating experience. I think all the celebs should be starting from ground zero.
I agree. That's what spoils any possibility of making a real "competition" out of this. Todd Bridges could hardly stand up on skates, while Jillian had (I believe) quite of bit of training as a youngster.

I thought Kurt did the best under the conditions. He spent quite a bit if time pushing his partner around the ice, LOL.

I liked Nancy's Blues Brothers just fine. They had the most entertaining schtick, to me.

MM :)

Last edited:

Johar

Medalist
It's just pure, fun entertainment. I don't think it degrades the sport at all. :laugh:

If anything, it will give more publicity to skating.

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I had to pour a glass of wine to go with all that cheese, but it was fun to watch. And I liked the Blues Brothers number, thought it was really cute. And it sure was nice to see Nancy Kerrigan get up from an ending position not just smiling, but laughing out loud.
But I was up way too late last night! My alarm goes off at 4:15, and my Spawn called me as Skating was ending to say, "Hey! Sasha's on Project Runway!"
More coffee...
xoxo
Rave

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
My concern about the show is that it will give rise to "see, it's not really a sport, anyone can do this" type talk.

Johar

Medalist
Ptichka said:
My concern about the show is that it will give rise to "see, it's not really a sport, anyone can do this" type talk.

I doubt anybody with common sense would think that way.