More Skating Reality TV | Golden Skate

More Skating Reality TV

Thanks, SkatingCanuck. It's worth a look. Will it be an "American idol" kind of thing where kids come in and audition? I wonder what level of skaters they will be looking at.

If Kristi is involved, it is sure to be a high class operation. :love:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Uhhhh....before we get too excited about this, it sounds like it will involve older skaters who never reached the pinacle during their eligible days:

***quote from the press release***
...giving twelve skaters from around the world, who fell short on their quest for skating greatness, a second chance. Watch as professional skaters battle the pressure and each other in the hopes of becoming Skating's Next Star.
***unquote***

Probably the Jenni Kirks and Tonia Kwiatkowskis and Tatyana Malininas of this world. Then again, if they invite TONYA to join the group, I'll watch. Wouldn't that be a hoot! :laugh:

I still consider TLC's "Ice Diaries" as the ideal reality-skating show that could exist (beside actual ISU-sanctioned competitions). Ice Diaries gives us true (not fake - made-for-TV) drama.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Frau Muller said:
***quote from the press release***
...giving twelve skaters from around the world, who fell short on their quest for skating greatness, a second chance. Watch as professional skaters battle the pressure and each other in the hopes of becoming Skating's Next Star.
***unquote***

I still consider TLC's "Ice Diaries" as the ideal reality-skating show that could exist (beside actual ISU-sanctioned competitions). Ice Diaries gives us true (not fake - made-for-TV) drama.
I wouldn't be surprised if the blonde one from Ice Diaries shows up for this.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
IDLERACER said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the blonde one from Ice Diaries shows up for this.

ROTFL, Idledancer! That poor gal is *the* singlemost interesting element in the show. Yeah, it's great to see the success stories -- the BeBes and Alissas -- but Sandy's story shows the other side that we never see in the Nationals fluff pieces. That's why I have such admiration for Ice Diaries. It's REAL reality TV.