Irina's Olympic LP dress on Tania Bass' Website | Golden Skate

Irina's Olympic LP dress on Tania Bass' Website

anniemg

Rinkside
I'm not sure if I like it. I must see her move with it. Irina just doesn't strike me as a Spanish kind of skater;) Like for example Marina Anissina in 2002. I think the skirt is too short on the short side. if that makes sense.

Irina looks spectacular. She is in the best shape of her life. She's amazing. (Oh, the dress is OK, too, LOL.)

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Ok, the dress is pretty however, since I don't particularly care for the flamenco LP Irina is doing, I'm certainly not caring about the dress. I will say this though: That's better than the one she's been wearing. I'd rather see long sleeves on it which, to me, would make it more in the flamenco style.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Very pretty! I wish I was in good enough shape to wear something like that. It will be interesting to see how the skirt moves when she skates.

If I've got it right, we are about 11 days away from the first FS event (not Ladies, but still....) Can't wait!

DG

lotusland

On the Ice
Gorgeous! That's one of the nicest dresses I have ever seen Irina wear. It fits her and suits her perfectly.

Vash01

Medalist
I must be among the minority. I don't like this dress at all. I don't like the diagonal cut (it's OK for ice dance) and I just like her current red dress better. It suits her personality better. I hope she will stick with it for the Olympics. This one looks more like an exhibition dress.

Vash

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I like the dress, but I'm not sure it has the right cut for skating. I think it might look odd on spins and jumps and such.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I think it looks terrific on her. And at least it can legitimately be called a skating DRESS, unlike the "glorified slip" that's been the style the last few years.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
I'm not sure that this is the dress that Irina will wear at Olys. It was worn during the exhibitions at Cup of Russia, when Irina/Miki/Yoshie got their medals and porcelain tropies.

Sometimes it's just wishful-thinking on the part of advertisers (inthis case, designer Bass).

It's cute but the long-sleeved one that she's been wearing is more distinguised & elegant than this frou-frou negligee.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Irina wear a totally-new dress in Torino, much like she wore a then-all-new dress in Salt Lake. We'll be seeing new dresses from most of the top ladies that night, I bet.

soogar

Record Breaker
Frau Muller:
I'm under the impression that Bass made all of Irina's costumes this season. JMO, but this is the only season in which Irina actually had decent costumes and didn't look like a frump. I guess Irina decided to spring some serious dollars for costumes b/c Tania isn't cheap. In an interview with Navka and Zhulin on FSU, Zhulin said that they got their costumes made in St. Petersberg b/c there it was $2000 for costumes (and I don't know if it is all or just one set of costumes) while in the US it is significantly more and according to Zhulin, the US costume maker doesn't go out of the way for you (I'm thinking they get a discount in Russia b/c of their ranking).

Hikaru

Final Flight
I think it is a fun dress, I like it better than the one she was using before. The skirt.. I need to see this outfit in movement, but other tha that it looks very nice.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
It sounds like they're saying on the site that she'll be wearinig another Tania Bass for Olympics, not necessarily the one in the pic. I'm not crazy about the one in the pic. I see Tnia Bass did the catsuit SP. I hated that. I still don't like the women in pants. I like 'understated elegance' in the costumes; I don't wnat to see 'costume' when they step on the ice, I want to see 'skater'.

cell

On the Ice
The catsuit as indeed horrible. I'm kind of surprised it's the same designer.