Two More Mine Accidents in WV Today | Golden Skate

Two More Mine Accidents in WV Today

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Those poor miners. Our local news just announced that there are fires at two more mines today. So far one confirmed dead at each. One of the mines is owned by Massey, who also owns the mine in Logan where two miners were killed a couple of weeks ago. Don Blankenship, the CEO of Massey bought the last election. In doing so he put a Republican pro business judge on the state supreme court, replacing a long term Democratic judge known for ruling in favor of injured workers.

JOHIO2

Medalist
I think closing all the mines while there is an examination of what went wrong and why and how to make the workplace safer is a good decision.

millie

Medalist
They are going to have to do something to make it safer. The mine accident and fire in Sasketchewan, Canada last week everyone survived because they had "safe rooms" to which the miners went. The "safe rooms" had water, food and medical supplies. When it was safe for the resurers to go in, they were all rescued. Why don't all these mines have these rooms.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Because greedy a$$ mine owners own the greedy a$$ politicians...at least here they do.