Capote - Good Movie... | Golden Skate

Capote - Good Movie...

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My husband and I went to see the move Capote today. It's not the most uplifting movie, but it is well done and well acted, especially by Philip Seymour Hoffman (Truman Capote). The movie mostly deals with his writing the Novel "In Cold Blood." It was filmed in Manitoba. Philip is up for an oscar for his portrayal, of Capote. I think he deserves to win.

I recommend this movie. It is more of a thinking man's movie.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Wow, I saw Capote last tonight and it wasn't what I expected. It was a wonderful film! I didn't expect it to have a suspense type feeling. Hoffman, is amazing and quite funny as Capote. No wonder he died from drinking complications. He had a drink in every scene in the movie..lol It really kept me glued to the screen..

I was in the company of Capote on a few occasions - at the gym and Studio 54. Hoffmann was tremendous in the role.

The film disappointed me, because I was expecting a bio type of film and what I got was documentary on the making of In Cold Blood. JMO

Joe

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I was in the company of Capote on a few occasions - at the gym and Studio 54. Hoffmann was tremendous in the role.

The film disappointed me, because I was expecting a bio type of film and what I got was documentary on the making of In Cold Blood. JMO

Joe

Too bad, I think the movie zeroed in on this part of Capote's life, because writing "In Cold Blood" pretty much put Capote on the map. It also took a great deal of his life to complete the novel and also it examined the writing relationship he developed with Harper Lee. I thought it was interesting that Capote never finished another novel after "In Cold Blood."

Interesting yes, but so much of it was already a part of the book and movie In Cold Blood. If you haven't seen the original movie, I recommend you view it. Robet Blake is excellent.

Joe

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Interesting yes, but so much of it was already a part of the book and movie In Cold Blood. If you haven't seen the original movie, I recommend you view it. Robet Blake is excellent.

Joe

yes. I have seen the Blake movie many times and agree it is excellent. I thought this treatment was also very good and gave more insight into Capote's actual encounters with the two convicted men. In the original Capote's character is not really present in the movie. Great acting job by Blake though.