What level? | Golden Skate

What level?

icy fresh

On the Ice
What level is your footwork sequence? My coach and I designed my footwork to maximum points out of the NJS. If I do all of my footwork correctly, I should be getting a Level 3. I've never done ced such hard footwork in my life!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
I want to change my footwork because I know I can do them better, but I have no time to do that because Nationals will be soon...after that, I will maybe change it for level 2
For now, if I do my sparrows good, I should het level 2 and if I do change of edge on combo spin, that'll be level 2, too.:)

Perry

Rinkside
Mine should be level three as well. Mine's actually not that difficult for me, but I've always been pretty good at footwork since I've been doing dance for ten years (I figure if I can get through the Yankee Polka, I can get through anything!). The only difficult part is the last few steps because somehow, despite that decade of dance, I still can't do a decent outside clockwise twizzle unless it's preceded by the actual steps in a dance...

icy fresh

On the Ice
Yeh, if I could do my footwork slowly it would be pretty simple for me, but my music is extremely fast. I try not to rush, but I do go quickly and I try to present it as best I can. Perry, you must be a wonderful dancer! I'm only on my bronze dances!

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Perry said:
The only difficult part is the last few steps because somehow, despite that decade of dance, I still can't do a decent outside clockwise twizzle unless it's preceded by the actual steps in a dance...
I find the outside clockwise a lot easier than outside anti-clockwise, and have just choreographed myself a 1.5 outside anti-clockwise one at the start of our this year's free dance. Ooops..... it'll be more of a twirl than a twizzle (all mine are!), but it'll happen.

I am hoping Husband's step sequence in his free will qualify as level 2, but I very much doubt it. Not that it matters, but he's working so hard at putting one together....

If our free dance was to be judged under NJS, which it isn't, it would definitely be only level 1! But we won't be competing it until the end of June, and things may yet change.

icy fresh

On the Ice
My outside clockwise twizzle is not the best eithe, but my councter-clockwise is so easy for me. I think that's because that's the way I naturally spin and jump!

Perry

Rinkside
I jump CCW, too, which is why that twizzle is so much better. I have a RFI CCW double twizzle in the middle of my footwork sequence (my short, since my long still isn't coreographed) and it flows so well. Then, I get to the CW twizzle and the footwork just completely dies. I started working on twizzle exercises (beyond the basic crossroll, 3-turn, back twizzle one which I can actually do well) and they seem to help. My coach suggested I try doubling the Argentine twizzle, but that didn't work out so well. I guess I just function too much in one direction -- the Ravensburger, with all its twizzles (whch, coincidentally are all in my direction) is my best dance!

Good luck with your twizzles and footwork, Mrs. Redboots! A good start is the basic twizzle exercise, though I find it actually works on your edges even more so than twizzles.

peachy

Rinkside
im not really sure what level my footwork is, since im not competing under the CoP system yet unfortunately... stupid OBO system!! but yeah my footwork would probably just be level one... aha its not too difficult, but its powerful