American Idol - Anyone Watching? | Golden Skate

American Idol - Anyone Watching?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I have to admit I am tuning into AI this round, mostly just for laughs. It's been quite funny. It's almost as if they are turning it into a comedy. No one seems to be taking it seriously.

Canadian Idol is to start soon as well.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
I always enjoy the selection process... once the actual competition begins it doesn't usually sustain my interest though.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I've been a fan of AI since the beginning, but this season seems a bit more mean-spirited in tone... What is the point in humiliating a chubby 17 year old girl on national tv just because she couldn't sing when you KNOW she has to go to school in the morning... very sad.:disapp:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
The Clay Clone, was so funny! :laugh: He sure was a hyper boy. :)

What really gets me is when there is a person with real talent, and they give a resounding, "No". gr

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Delusionals on parade!

I liked the Cher impersonator. His argument with Simon was the high point of the season thus far:
"I just don't understand! You impersonate Cher and Judy Garland, but you don't want to wear a dress." Poor Simon looked genuinely confused.
It's not as funny when they finally get to Hollywood, but not as painful to my poor ears, either!
xoxo
Rave

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I personally think that a lot of the ones that they showed this year knew they couldn't sing but wanted their 15 seconds of fame... the auditions were a snore fest this year... can't wait for the real competition to start tonight

how are all of you planning to watch the olympics AND American Idol next week?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
When Olympics are on, there's no place like Olympics.
Love, Toto

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
CzarinaAnya said:
The Clay Clone, was so funny! :laugh: He sure was a hyper boy. :)

What really gets me is when there is a person with real talent, and they give a resounding, "No". gr

I have been quite surprised at the talent they have turned away and then in the same breath the no-talents they have selected. Very strange indeed. No one has really stood out yet as a major talent. Let's hope someone steps up to the plate soon.

:biggrin:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I am thinking the lady who's aunt sang with "Sounds of Blackness" might be the winner. her voice is fantastic and she sounds very polished and professional. Will America agree?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Lad- I think they are looking for a star, rather than just a good singer. They will likely turn away a great singer with not-so-good looks, and go for a good singer with great looks. It's just as much how you look and how much "star potential" you have as your voice. Simon will tell you that straight up.

Nana

Rinkside
Re

I can't see it on TV in China, but I search it on Internet.

In fact, they sing not very well. I agree they are good -looking, but just a pretty face.

In a word, just for fun!:clap:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Piel said:
I am thinking the lady who's aunt sang with "Sounds of Blackness" might be the winner. her voice is fantastic and she sounds very polished and professional. Will America agree?

I'm so petty, I don't think this chick should be on here... espcially since to get a contract all she'd need to do is have her aunt make a call... the same thing last season with Nico, who is Ozzie Davis' son (baseball player... outfielder with the backflip...) and guess what? you cannot turn on the radio without hearing Nico's new single... I prefer it when the Kelly Clarkstons & Fanatasias of the world get ahead vs. a kid who's family has connections in an industry that is hard to break into ...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I wonder why she doesn't? I am also suspect of the girl who's dad is a senator. Could be a controversial year for AI.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Kwanford Wife said:
I'm so petty, I don't think this chick should be on here... espcially since to get a contract all she'd need to do is have her aunt make a call... the same thing last season with Nico, who is Ozzie Davis' son (baseball player... outfielder with the backflip...) and guess what? you cannot turn on the radio without hearing Nico's new single... I prefer it when the Kelly Clarkstons & Fanatasias of the world get ahead vs. a kid who's family has connections in an industry that is hard to break into ...

Cardinals get no respect! That's Ozzie Smith!!!!!!! also known as the wizard of Oz, and a hall of famer!!:clap:

but I agree with your point.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
Cardinals get no respect! That's Ozzie Smith!!!!!!! also known as the wizard of Oz, and a hall of famer!!:clap:

but I agree with your point.

ok... now i feel like an idiot... how could i forget that he was the Wiz... bad KW!:eek: :banging:

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
I am so freaking happy with the Top 24 contestants! William Makar, David Radford, Taylor Hicks, Paris Bennet, Katherine McPhee, and Ayla Brown are so far my favorites. Followed closeley by Ace Young and Lisa Tucker.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I like this year's selection too. Of the women, I like Mandisa ? Huntley & Kelly Pickler. Men: Ace Young, David Radford, Elliott Y, Chris Daughtry, Kevin Covais (tho I doubt he'll last long. Sounds like an Irish tenor.), Wm. Makar, Patrick Hall. Actually, at this point I like all the men except for Sway Pinela. With so many 16 & 17 yr. olds being put through this year I hope it isn't so Simon can make disparaging remarks about their youth & how they have no life experiences so are unable to sing with passion or about love.