CB1AB2

Medalist
I'm not a big fan of Taylor = but he nailed the first and last songs =
Kat was nervous I think and it got the best of her =
Taylor will be the next " AI "

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
SK8Luver... Kat and Taylor both sang songs that they previously did on the show... that's how it worked this year...

every finale has had at least one song repeated...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Love Kat, Taylor or me is "ho-hum".....wouldn't buy his CD on a bet, but would Kat's if I liked the music...............am now looking forward to "So You Think You Can Dance" which starts its second season Thursday night..........42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Love Kat, Taylor or me is "ho-hum".....wouldn't buy his CD on a bet, but would Kat's if I liked the music...............am now looking forward to "So You Think You Can Dance" which starts its second season Thursday night..........42

Hi Show:

I was not crazy about Taylor at first, but next to Kat he is the better choice. At least he has some life in him. I just don't get the big deal about Katharine. She really needs some vocal training. She often goes flat and thinks shouting at the top of her lungs is singing. She sees herself as one of the big divas - like Celine, I am afraid she is along ways off from that honour. Someone - like Simon - should tell hert to take singing lessons no matter how this thing plays out if she wants to continue.

Taylor is a bit annoying at times, but my vote is for him. Never thought I would say that!!! Now that Elliot and Chris are eliminated, does not leave much choice.

Goes to prove the Idol shows are more about popularity than talent.

On to the next round!!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
That's what one gets whenever they choose to bring the public into voting. The most popular wins...always.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
%!*&%Why oh why did Mary J. Blige feel the need to hog the song from Elliott? I really like E. and love "One" this could have been an AI "moment". Dionne Warwick sounds as good as she did when I saw her in 1968. For that I forgive her for the Psychic Friends Network lapse in judgment. I was totally entertained by tonight's show even the corny stuff. Does anyone know if Meatloaf has been ill? He looked awful. I did not recognize Clay Aiken...yikes that hair do just does not work for me.

Congratulations to Taylor! Kat needs to do Broadway, Kellie Pickler needs to be signed to a sitcom, Mandiza, Paris, Lisa, and Elliott should have all stayed longer.

The AI tour is coming here on September 14!:chorus: :chorus: :chorus: Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel said:
I did not recognize Clay Aiken...yikes that hair do just does not work for me.

Mandiza, Paris, Lisa, and Elliott should have all stayed longer
I didn't recognize Clay either and I second the YIKES!!! about the hair do.

I still think Mandiza should have been in the finals.

I can't believe Taylor won or was even in the finals. I thought he was just horrible tonight and matter of fact everytime I heard him sing.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It is kinda odd that Taylor was flat (or as Randy has coined "pitchy") more tonight then any other. It was nice to see the others come back and perform.

That Mary J. Blige, I get sick anytime I see her. You talk about someone who falls out of tune all the time, I think she is hideous, particularly live. And dido for Meatloaf:p Not as bad as Mary but Kat stayed close to in tune with him, and that is a good sign she is talented.

Kelli is a twit, I think she has a good voice but acts like she is 4 years old. What a dork, it is most depressing that there are probably a lot of viewers that acutely liked it.

Prince is awesome. That was a nice surprise. So were the "awards." Fun.

I think that Taylor might be a phase for a year or 2 and then people will get kinda, well, view it like a gimmick. I think that is to bad because he has style and charisma, I hope I am wrong.

Kasey

Medalist
Dionne Warwick....I guess a psychic friend told her to leave the date open on the calendar.

Interesting that Taylor (barf) was more off key during his "victory lap" song than he's been the entire season.

Bleh....the winner and runner up will get no money from me. Wake me when Elliott's CD comes out.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Piel - I heard on another board that Meatloaf had heart surgery. He certainly didn't look well. Wasn't crazy about the song choice, either. I really wanted them to do "Paradise by the Dashboard Light". :laugh:
In fact, apart from Paris' duet with Al Jarreau, I wasn't impressed by any of the duets. Toni Braxton's take on "In the Ghetto" was...um...if any of you can come up with a word for it, please, do so. What was with the little hoochie dance? Were she and Paula sharing the same cup? She really looked out of it.
That had to be the most surreal two hours of TV I've ever seen. From the spastic Claymate to Prince (Prince?!) showing up at the end, the question that came to mind most often was...
"Why?"
I'm happy for Taylor. He even managed to sell that cheese-tastic winner's single - to the extent that I missed the first 15 of the House finale the other night, rewinding the tape so I could see it again. Whoo! Soul Patrol! I just hope The Powers That Be don't suck every last bit of soul out of the man.
xoxo
Rave
PS: in other reality show news, congrats to Harold for winning Top Chef! Now can I get some sleep?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kasey said:
Interesting that Taylor (barf) was more off key during his "victory lap" song than he's been the entire season.
Thank you very much Kasey!! At first I thought maybe I was having a hearing problem because so many people said what a wonderful singer he was and how he should win. I stuck to my guns though.

Dee

PS I second the BARF comment.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
Piel - I heard on another board that Meatloaf had heart surgery. He certainly didn't look well. Wasn't crazy about the song choice, either. I really wanted them to do "Paradise by the Dashboard Light". :laugh:
In fact, apart from Paris' duet with Al Jarreau, I wasn't impressed by any of the duets. Toni Braxton's take on "In the Ghetto" was...um...if any of you can come up with a word for it, please, do so. What was with the little hoochie dance? Were she and Paula sharing the same cup? She really looked out of it.
That had to be the most surreal two hours of TV I've ever seen. From the spastic Claymate to Prince (Prince?!) showing up at the end, the question that came to mind most often was...
"Why?"
I'm happy for Taylor. He even managed to sell that cheese-tastic winner's single - to the extent that I missed the first 15 of the House finale the other night, rewinding the tape so I could see it again. Whoo! Soul Patrol! I just hope The Powers That Be don't suck every last bit of soul out of the man.
xoxo
Rave
PS: in other reality show news, congrats to Harold for winning Top Chef! Now can I get some sleep?

All of the season 5 idols were in great form last night. Elliott seemed so much more confident. If he had performed like that all season he would have won this. Toni Braxton was an embarrassment. In the Ghetto is just not the song to get your groove on to, IMO.

Rave I loved Top Chef. Maurizio Margaglio needs on of those "I'n Not Your B*%#!, B*%#!" tshirts to wear around Babs:biggrin: Happy to see Harold win over Tiffanni. And can't decide who I disliked most Tiffanni or Stephen.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Piel said:
Braxton was an embarrassment. In the Ghetto is just not the song to get your groove on to, IMO.

OMG! Finally someone who agrees with me! LOL. My aunt said I was making too big a deal about it, and I was all BUT SHE'S COMPLETELY CHANGING THE MEANING OF THE SONG!!!!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for Taylor. I've been a fan since his audition and I just adore him and his voice... I cannot WAIT for his album... I'll be first in line

now - what was with Clay's hair? *gag* At least he can still sing, apparently his hair was not the magic behind the voice (thank God)... I thought I was done being a Clay fangirl... apparently not lol I was squeeing with the rest of the fans last night... *sigh*

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Piel said:
Rave I loved Top Chef. Maurizio Margaglio needs on of those "I'n Not Your B*%#!, B*%#!" tshirts to wear around Babs:biggrin: Happy to see Harold win over Tiffanni. And can't decide who I disliked most Tiffanni or Stephen.

:rofl: Yes! "I'm not your B***h, Babs!"
Tiffani or Stephen - tough call, but Stephen stepping up to apologize to Candace during the reunion show for being such a pr**k made me dislike him a whole lot less. He was obnoxious, but never stooped to lie, unlike Tiffani. I haven't been so happy with a results show since Jade was eliminated on Top Model.
And yeah, I think I probably need a life! :biggrin:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Tonichelle said:
OMG! Finally someone who agrees with me! LOL. My aunt said I was making too big a deal about it, and I was all BUT SHE'S COMPLETELY CHANGING THE MEANING OF THE SONG!!!!

I found myself starting a parody during that performance...the line about the kid with the runny nose...in the ghet-toe...well, let's just say "cheap crack hos" and "runny nose" scan similarly.
Meanwhile, if only Ms. Braxton could...unsing that song...we might like her again...unsmoke that stuff that she smoked when she sang like a joke and...
...well, y'all get the general idea. ;)
xoxo
Rave

Note: I don't REALLY think Toni Braxton is a "crack ho". Just to make that clear...

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
now - what was with Clay's hair? *gag* At least he can still sing, apparently his hair was not the magic behind the voice (thank God)... I thought I was done being a Clay fangirl... apparently not lol I was squeeing with the rest of the fans last night... *sigh*

Tonichelle, now this is something Idol-related that we can agree on, bad hair or no, Clay being on made the night for me. (although I wanted them to get rid of the look alike) Still depressed that taylor won though. But it didn't matter to me that much after Chris was off.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah the Aiken-emo look isn't all that cool... but that voice... I don't care about his appearance so long as he keeps singing like he does *swoon*