American Idol - Anyone Watching? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Anyone Watching?

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
I have loved David Radford and William Makar since their auditions and they are my two front runners. I am in love with them.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Lad- I think they are looking for a star, rather than just a good singer. They will likely turn away a great singer with not-so-good looks, and go for a good singer with great looks. It's just as much how you look and how much "star potential" you have as your voice. Simon will tell you that straight up.

Well, it does not hurt if the "Star" can sing!! I have heard plently of good looking singer wannabes - but no pipes. Give me Pavoratti anyday.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love this show!! I am frustrated because I haven't matched names to faces yet. I agree it's all about "the look" and not just the voice, which puzzles me why Ruben was chosen in AI2........He had the voice, granted, and he was cute, but didn't have, to me, the "star" look that Kelly, Fantasia, and Carrie have.........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Season 2 was an experiment, and in the eyes of producers failed miserably because Rueben's had medical issues and really hasn't sold as much as the other winners... and Clay, while getting a makeover, really hasn't kept the attention either... That was the season of pipes beating out looks... but then in the CD sales they don't stack up to the pretty girls (it could also be that they're guys)

but that's just a theory...

I haven't watched... skating kinda took over and then on Wednesday I had to take my dad to the airport so lol

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
show 42 said:
I agree it's all about "the look" and not just the voice, which puzzles me why Ruben was chosen in AI2........He had the voice, granted, and he was cute, but didn't have, to me, the "star" look that Kelly, Fantasia, and Carrie have.........42

Ruben won because America is more comfy with the big guy who can sing... ala Luther Vandrose... the same is true with the big girl. I hate to make it a race thing, but that's the way it is... If Ruben was on any season, he'd win. The only season I think would've been interesting to see how it all played out would be season one... Now Clay is a different story...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Well, I watched the ladies last night, (I must admit I chose AI instead of the Olys, which I did tape and watched afterwards)......There are about four of the gals I really liked and would vote for. Tonight are the guys, and there are several that could be in the final...........can't wait. This is the one program my 21 year old son and I watch together.....family time if you can believe it.......:yes: 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Show I jumped back and forth between the different events but didn't see much as I was sick... who the heck was the witch with claws???? she was so rude and annoying... if she goes I won't complain

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Oh my gosh, Toni..........I hope you watched tonight........the name is "Ace Young".......Yowza.......what a cutie with charisma and a voice............:bow: 42

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Watching AI? Heck Yeah!

Hey everybody - watch out for Taylor Hicks! Taylor and Elliott are great and unique vocal artists.....

They both sang their @^^&* off tonight. Taylor's my pick to go all the way. Can you say Michael McDonald?

Tenorguy

Kasey

Medalist
Lisa Tucker ROCKS!!! Also, Ayla Brown, Taylor Hicks, Elliot and William Makar....what a bunch of great young talents! I think there is really no one in the top 24 totally suck-worthy...for a change! :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Oh my gosh, Toni..........I hope you watched tonight........the name is "Ace Young".......Yowza.......what a cutie with charisma and a voice............:bow: 42

I wasn't overly impressed with him... he's decent

I'm more for Gedean McKinley and Taylor Hicks! :rock:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Toni, that was Brenna Gaithers. I think she's there because she reminds the judges of Mikalah from '05...big mouth but she is a better singer than Mikalah, IMO. I still like Mandisa & Kelly Pickler & will add Katherine McAfee & Lisa Tucker to my ladies list. I've pared down my choice of men & would like to see the following be the final 6: Chris Daughtry, Kevin Covais, Ace Young, Taylor Hicks, Will Makar & Gedeon McKinney. I'm on the fence about Bucky Covington. I don't actually like him but he has an interesting voice so I might change my mind about him if I hear more of him.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
I wasn't overly impressed with him... he's decent

I'm more for Gedean McKinley and Taylor Hicks! :rock:

Sweetheart, it isn't about Ace's voice... but the fact that he's hot to death... oh my, oh my... he must've been qausi moto in a former life, because in this one... he's almost as cute as my new obsession... Jared Leto. big ol' fat smoochies...

As for the actual competition...hands down (and five votes as proof) Taylor Hicks is da man... But I'm telling you, KW will have a royal fit if he fails to sing "Leave Your Hat On" by Joe Crocker during movie week (91/2 Weeks is the movie...)

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
The people who were voted off were Patrick Hall, Bobby Bennet, Stevie Scott and Becky O'Donahue!!

Justafan

On the Ice
I like Chris the best of the guys. Ace is cute...sort of reminds me of Jake Gyllenhall (or however you spell it). I missed some of the elimination shows so I'm coming into it late. I also think Elliot has a great voice, but not much in the looks dept..I know that sounds mean..but image does count. As for the girls, I really like Paris and Katherine. I actually liked that Bobby Bennet...not so much as a singer, but he seems like he would be great in a musical or stage production. (My son said he looked like he could be an emcee at a transvestite bar).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
Sweetheart, it isn't about Ace's voice... but the fact that he's hot to death...

I understood what was meant... and he's decent....

I'm more for the total clean cut guy I guess...