This is Whack!! | Golden Skate

This is Whack!!

yoy_mama

Rinkside
I dont kno wat is goin on here.. but i aint think they said Sashas name once! Whats up with this. I was all watchin it and was like aww i cant wait to see sasha.. and they dont show her.. but they show michelle kwan twice. i come from da south.. and they gotta sho more respect than this.. fo sho. dats whack. I mean yea I kno its michelle kwan and what not.. but yea it really makes me angersome. ohhhh I am talkin about these openin ceremony thing at the Olympics.. well I am just sharing my anger wit yall.. i mean theys gotta gimme to get em some.. yall kno what im sayin.. that little skier guy made out of all them ppl was tiight tho..
well lata
holla'
GIT-R-DUN SASHA!!

yoy_mama

Rinkside
lol.. it aiight. I am calm.. they just should tell u that she aint gonna be there for confused people like me who aint knowin wats going on. ha but seriously.. y aint she at the opening ceremony.. ??
nehows.. still, Git R dun Sasha.
Holla

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hey, they showed plenty of Michelle...that wasn't enough for you? :p :p

(just teasing)

Kathy

On the Ice
Does anyone have any guesses why Sasha is not there yet. I think it is strange that she wouldn't go to the opening ceremonies - its not like her. She loves the camera.

yoy_mama

Rinkside
yea.. it says it on her website.. that i just noticed.. she wanted to get rested or sumthin..

R.D.

Record Breaker
IIRC she said on Leno or something that she would arrive that weekend, so I knew she wasn't going to be at the opening ceremonies even before they began. But I didn't know Kwan was going to be there.

Kathy

On the Ice
Well watching the opening ceremonies is so inspiring and it is such an honor to represent your country, I can't imagine not showing up unless I was competing the next day or I was sick. I know lots of athletes don't March, but I think it's kinda rude and disrespectful not to. Can you imagine the embarrassement if NONE of the athletes for a country celebrated and Marched because they wanted to stay calm and focus. I mean yeah it is about winning and getting the gold but it is also about representing your country - in all its aspects.

Lanie

On the Ice
Sasha has experienced one opening ceremony, and probably figures, well, I want to de-stress. I am not surprised that most of the Russian skaters weren't here.

Also please learn to use proper English. Reading your posts made my brain hurt.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kathy said:
Well watching the opening ceremonies is so inspiring and it is such an honor to represent your country, I can't imagine not showing up unless I was competing the next day or I was sick. I know lots of athletes don't March, but I think it's kinda rude and disrespectful not to. .

:sheesh: didn't michelle "skip out" in 98? A lot of the pairs skaters didn't go to the opening ceremonies because they compete...

Sasha went the first time around, give the girl a break... the opener this time around was not as inspiring IMHO

Kathy

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
:sheesh: didn't michelle "skip out" in 98? A lot of the pairs skaters didn't go to the opening ceremonies because they compete...

Sasha went the first time around, give the girl a break... the opener this time around was not as inspiring IMHO[/QUOTE

Yes Michelle did skip the opening in 98' I think it's kinda rude and doesn't show much Olympic spirit or appreciation for representing your country no matter who does it. The top lady skaters in general were not there. No Irina, no Sasha, no Arakawa, no Miki, No Fumie, no Sokolova. In fact I think I only saw Michelle, Fleur Maxwell and Carolina Kosnter - and I think Kimmie was there although I didn't see her - did I miss any one? Not much Oly spirit from the ladies, either that or maybe are fighting nerves so bad they are trying to "forget how big the games really are." And I don't have to give any of them a break - I just don't like it when athletes don't go and don't have a good reason - other than nerves - all the athletes have that.

Vash01

Medalist
Kathy said:
Tonichelle said:

[/QUOTE

Yes Michelle did skip the opening in 98' I think it's kinda rude and doesn't show much Olympic spirit or appreciation for representing your country no matter who does it. The top lady skaters in general were not there. No Irina, no Sasha, no Arakawa, no Miki, No Fumie, no Sokolova. In fact I think I only saw Michelle, Fleur Maxwell and Carolina Kosnter - and I think Kimmie was there although I didn't see her - did I miss any one? Not much Oly spirit from the ladies, either that or maybe are fighting nerves so bad they are trying to "forget how big the games really are." And I don't have to give any of them a break - I just don't like it when athletes don't go and don't have a good reason - other than nerves - all the athletes have that.

The ladies don't compete before Feb.21st. Many of them have not even arrived in Torino. How is it rude to not be there for the parade of nations? They must be practising elsewhere- most likely in their countries. Their main job is to do skate well and earn a medal. Even if a skater is there but chooses not to participate, it is that person's choice. I have no problem with it.

Last edited:

Kathy

On the Ice
Vash01 said:
Kathy said:
The ladies don't compete before Feb.21st. Many of them have not even arrived in Torino. How is it rude to not be there for the parade of nations? They must be practising elsewhere- most likely in their countries. Their main job is to do skate well and earn a medal. Even if a skater is there but chooses not to participate, it is that person's choice. I have no problem with it.

OK so how would you feel if " someone" came out carrying the American flag and there were no athletes. All the americans stay home. Either too nervous and trying to keep calm, to bored with the ritual, to uninvested to go early to celebrate, etc. I'm sure there are good reasons why some don't go - and that's fine - but without one - to me its part of the responsibility you take on when you get to represent your country. This ceremony is part of the ritual - the parade of nations is so athletes show their National Pride and show their respect for being able to represent their country. If you don't go you can't do that. Ritual is important - or else they wouldn't bother to have an opening ceremony.

yoy_mama said:
yea.. it says it on her website.. that i just noticed.. she wanted to get rested or sumthin..
Now that Sasha has not made the Opening Olympic Parade, does that mean the NON Kwans will stop berating Michelle for not being at thel opening in Naganao?

Joe