Do us proud, Emily | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Do us proud, Emily

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Spirit said:
During Nationals, I laughed at a comment by Terry Gannon: "Irina Slutskaya has to be wondering, 'How many Hughes girls are there?'"

I'm sad that Emily missed opening ceremonies, and has to deal with a snow storm, but she seems like a pretty level-headed girl. Methinks she'll have a great time.

I liked that comment by TG! :laugh: Don't worry, emily can go to the closing ceremonies!

RubyNV

Rinkside
Emily will be there

Blizzard or not, I am sure that a way will be found for Emily to make it to the Olympics in time to compete. I just wish she could get there a little sooner to get settled in and get acclimated. She seems to be a very intelligent and charming young lady, and I enjoy her fresh skating style.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I'm very, very glad for Emily, that she's getting to skate in the Olympics. :) I loved the way she smiled and obviously enjoyed her ice time at Nationals. She had come back from a severe illness, meningitis, and I think she just so much appreciated being able to skate; she seemed to glow with joy. I think she should just continue to enjoy being on the ice, relax, and have a blast at Torino. I don't want to burden her with expectations, but I rather think she'll do just fine, especially if she skates with her joyous heart. All the best to you, Emily! :)