Funny Dick Button article | Golden Skate

Funny Dick Button article

76olympics

On the Ice
Well, Dick, thanks for letting us know your recreational preferences before competitions! He is a hoot! Thanks for the article; I am going to miss him when he is no longer there. Long may he analyze!

S

SkateFan4Life

Three cheers for Dick Button!! Long may he commentate!!

First double axel! :bow:
First triple jump (loop) :bow:
Seven US titles :bow:
Five World titles :bow:
Two Olympic gold medals :bow:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
DICK BUTTON: Will you be my VALENTINE?

Three Cheers for THE greatest, most candid, most tell-it-like-it-is skating commentator of all time!!!!!

I have to hand it to NBC, for having had enough sense to sign Dick on to do commentating in Torino. He's the perfect counterweight to arrongant suck-up Sandra Bezik. Dick, put a muzzle on that b*****!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SingAlto

On the Ice
Frau Muller said:
He's the perfect counterweight to arrongant suck-up Sandra Bezik. Dick, put a muzzle on that b*****!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now, that's what I call a classy post. :sheesh:

Know Sandra Bezic personally, do you?

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I love the way he picks one thing that gets on his nerves each competition and harps on it, over and over. (Most recently, it was the lady's fanny sticking out on the death spirals.)
It always gets on my nerves, and by the end of the competition, I'm usually hollering, "All right, Uncle Dick! Enough already!" However, if it hadn't been for a lifetime of listening to Dick Button's critiques, I wouldn't have the first clue what good skating is about.
Uncle Dick taught me so much about watching figure skating that now:
I get ticked off if I can't see the man's feet during a pairs lift.
I notice flutzing. (It's illegal!) :laugh:
Flailing arms really offend me.
The list goes on and on, but I only get half an hour for lunch! Feel free to add to the list, I know I'm not the only one who's been educated by Dick Button!
xoxo
Rave