Christine Brennan-all women present and clean Slutskaya 4th! | Golden Skate

Christine Brennan-all women present and clean Slutskaya 4th!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I saw Brennan(Christine) on TV last night and she said the gold would have been Asada's to lose had she been here but she was is not, and it was Kwan's to lose but now is out, and now it is wide open for Cohen and is totally up to her. So according to Christine Brennan it is clear that had Asada, Cohen, Kwan, and Slutskaya all been here and all skated cleanly Irina would have been the odd women out and taken only 4th place. Ummm ok, that woman needs a new career, she will probably have another lame skating book out soon though.
:rofl:

Last edited:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Mathman said:
How can she leave out Kostner?

Kostner is not an American nor a 15-year old phenom, her traditional favorites over the years. :rofl: That woman has zero credability on the sport, her skating knowledge is about 5% what almost everybody on goldenskate possesses including both of us.
I bet she has to look at a triple lutz or a triple loop three times over to know ensure what it is. People like her, she stays a big part of the sport, and people follow her because she is controversial and entertaining, and I guess some naive people even think she is knowledgable.

millie

Medalist
Christine is living in La La Land. She hasn't got a clue about figure skating. Thank the :bow: that she doesn't have a say in the way the results will turn out. I think that this reporting on figure skating is gone to her head.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FreeKatie

On the Ice
If everyone skates completely clean perfect programs I think Shizuka would win and then Sasha or Irina...........

R.D.

Record Breaker
but that's in a perfect world. And we all know we don't live in one...

in other words, one of these skaters is BOUND to make SOME mistake here or there. Heck, maybe all of them. For all we know it could be a "splatfest"!

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
but that's in a perfect world. And we all know we don't live in one...

in other words, one of these skaters is BOUND to make SOME mistake here or there. Heck, maybe all of them. For all we know it could be a "splatfest"!

Don't say that!! I would rather people I don't like winning than a splatfest!!

cianni

On the Ice
iNTERESTING

Its being reported that the judges are dinging the skaters for FLUTZINGGGGGGGG I cant wait to see this if the women are scored the same. We may be in for a surprise after all.

soogar

Record Breaker
cianni said:
Its being reported that the judges are dinging the skaters for FLUTZINGGGGGGGG I cant wait to see this if the women are scored the same. We may be in for a surprise after all.

Well once they ding for flutzing and lipping (and Irina's flat edge take off), all teh women will be back to where they were. It's not going to make that much of a difference. Though this bodes well for Baby Hughes and Meissner as both of these ladies have good technique on both jumps.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
cianni said:

Sorry but the women hurt by that would be Sasha, not Irina.

R.D.

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Sorry but the women hurt by that would be Sasha, not Irina.

True that. And not just her, either.

This would theoretically give Irina an even bigger advantage in the ladies event. Yawn.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Does anyone recall the short stint on ABC where Christine Brennan did the post skate interviews? Each skater she talk to looked at her "sideways" :unsure:

It's as if they all KNEW she had a machete` somewhere nearby and they needed to spot a path of escape :eek:

sycamore29

Spectator
ROTFL! :rofl:

I wish I had seen Brennan on TV last night sharing her "expert opinion" - I could have used a good laugh!

slutskayafan21, thanks for sharing that!

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
I saw Brennan(Christine) on TV last night and she said the gold would have been Asada's to lose had she been here but she was is not, and it was Kwan's to lose but now is out, and now it is wide open for Cohen and is totally up to her. So according to Christine Brennan it is clear that had Asada, Cohen, Kwan, and Slutskaya all been here and all skated cleanly Irina would have been the odd women out and taken only 4th place. Ummm ok, that woman needs a new career, she will probably have another lame skating book out soon though.

If Asada were in Torino, I would pick her to win because she's 15 and less likely than Slute or Sasha to come down with a case of Olympic Freakout Syndrome. But Kwan? Between the injury and last year's 4th place finish at Worlds, I think she would have been lucky to squeak into the top 6.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
sycamore29 said:
ROTFL! :rofl:

I wish I had seen Brennan on TV last night sharing her "expert opinion" - I could have used a good laugh!

slutskayafan21, thanks for sharing that!

No problem, it was a pleasure. :biggrin:

rob43

On the Ice
I think kwan had a pretty solid case for 3rd even with 5 triples total in the LP- we forget how lacking that '05 LP was and that it actually was the 3rd best (her 05 Qualifying is what did her in)

I also don't trust Kostners nerves nor Shizuka's ability to rotate the combos (and the lip). So she would have had a good podium shot. Gold would have required a Salt Lake- esque turn of events.

It'll be interesting to see what happens now. If they truly deduct or downgrade for edges and pauses between combos/series (think Kimmie at Nats SP) we could see skaters giving up entire jump passes as opposed to simply minor deductions. If they do to the flutzer/lippers what they did to Kirk at Lalique in 01 (throw the 2nd sp pass out because its the same as the first) a number of women could be in trouble.)

I actually wouldn't mind breaking the monotony of the lutz combo, solo flip SPs. I used to love Butraskaya and Mok's SPs with those loops because they truly sprung out of moves or footwork. Most others seem to be doing fw and going onto a back edge for what seemed like 10 seconds before the jump.

shdotz

On the Ice
Women's skate

slutskayafan21 said:

Sorry to read this post.

Most everyone else thinks Slutskaya is a shoo-in. I hope so.

sh

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
How can she leave out Kostner?

Kostner??? What about Christine leaving ME out???? (MM, I thought you cared...)

If I were:

1) A figure skater
2) Age eligible
3) On the Oly team
4) Capable of decent tech content
5) Smart enough to give enough Vodka to those cheatin' lyin' jugdes to get decent PCS

Then I would clearly be the Oly champion. ;) HELLO Christine!! What about me??II

But I still have a shot at fame as part of the deLUGEnal Divas Team. Why isn't Christine covering our awesome Luge team anyway????? ;)

(ok, i know i'm being silly now. )

DG