Goebel's judgement of the men's short | Golden Skate

Goebel's judgement of the men's short

ilovepaydays

Rinkside
http://www.timothygoebel.net/insider.shtml

Overall, I am impressed that even though it must be devastating to not be there, his upbeat attitude is comforting.

--Thinks that with the old scoring system, Matt Savoie would have gotten 5.9s for presentation

--Plushy's PCS were a little high, but he deserves to be in first.

--Was surprised by Evan's skate.

--Silver and Bronze are wide open

--Thinks Johnny should go for it and try the Quad.

soogar

Record Breaker
I think Tim's take was very interesting, esp on Matt Savoie. Though Matt in the past would have never gotten a 5.9 b/c he wasn't a recognized name. The judges would've given him a 5.7 and held up bigger names over him. It's amazing that Matt is in 6th place and has a shot at the podium. That would have never happened to him under the old system. I'm glad Tim got over his disappointment and is rooting for his friend to take a medal.

He does sound upbeat. Wonder if this means he will still be around. Why not? He's the only one who ever did quads and not just the Toequad. I know, I know, they all do the quadlutz in practice. hmm.

His thinking is about 95% of mine. The silver and bronze are up for grabs. I see Stephane as silver if and only if his knee is working; I haven't given up on Brian now more than ever because I thought he was held up in the scores.

Johnny is the spoiler here. Evan and Eman need a lot of help for that podium.

Tim is still caring and rising above his hurting. Good for him.

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ilovepaydays, thanks for posting Timmy's article. I have just felt so bad for Tim in the last few years. One of the best jumpers and now he struggles with jumps that should be easy for him. I also respect the fact that he commented about Evan. I still have a very bad taste in my mouth over Frank Carroll, Tim and Evan.

I hope skating isn't over for Tim but if it is I wish him all the best.

Dee