Men's LP...play-by-play coverage/comments | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Men's LP...play-by-play coverage/comments

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I'm stunned Takahashi was marked so low.

Of course, I'm over the moon for Jeff!:love: :chorus: :bow: :clap: :rock: :agree:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! So happy Stephane and Jeff took silver and bronze. Jeff was rewarded for his great spins, footwork, and PCS elements, which are the best in the World IMO. Great podium!

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Congrats Jeffrey!! :thumbsup:

Congrats Stephane!

Evan you almost made it..... hope you capture a medal at worlds.

Jasper

Final Flight
Why did Takahashi get SUCH low technical scores?

OMG, Silver for Stephane, Bronze for Jeffrey, 4th for Evan! I couldn't be more satisfied with the results.

Saundy

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! So happy Stephane and Jeff took silver and bronze. Jeff was rewarded for his great spins, footwork, and PCS elements, which are the best in the World IMO. Great podium!

Did you realize something! Take off Plushie and you have the EXACT same podium as world's last year.

phantomfriar

Spectator
From what I was able to see on CCTV that was not a stellar performance collectively...I hope the ladies fare better next week!

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I just DON"T understand what happend to Johnny....We don't get the coverage untill 8pm EST here in the states, so I'm watching this at work - well, reading it. Its so hard to tell what happens based on scores and written reports. Oh, why did he totoally improvise and implode???? Damn!

Well, the Russians are 2/2.....I'm rooting for Belbin and Agosto in the Dance - which was allways my plan...BUT...I was rooting for Kwan in the ladies, but now that she is gone and the US (expect Rena and John) has done so poorly, I'm gonna root for Sasha and hope the Russians don't sweep.

Argh!..Johnny!!!! It will be interesting to see what he says about his skate the next few days.

Okay...I'm listening to classical music while writing this and guess what 2 songs have just come on back to back.....The music to Johnny's SP (strings somthing) and Otenol (sp)...that just not right...

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
Woohoooo!! Buttle's second in the LP to win the bronze! I'm so excited. Sounds like it was a decent performance too. If not for that darn uncharacteristically blown short he would have won the silver. I'm off to celebrate!

Jasper

Final Flight
I think I'll join in: JEFF JEFF JEFF! Besides the fall, he stepped it up and skated so well! So proud and happy. :)

Frau Muller

Final Flight
but....I'm been waitin' to post this. Whooopeee!!!!!

Team Rossiya!!! Two golds down - two to go!!!!!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Evan was only barely better than Johnny in the long and still beat him by a whooping 16 points in the long. Evan is one of the most overscored skaters I have ever seen. Thank goodness he is inferior enough even getting embarassingly overscored he is still not good enough to medal. His scores are an example of what puts shame to skating judging though. They are a disgrace. I suspect the money NBC puts into the Olympics influences some of the Americans scores in the Olympics though.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Saundy said:
Did you realize something! Take off Plushie and you have the EXACT same podium as world's last year.

Yes, you are right! It is the way it should be, the three best mens skaters in the World up on that podium. :thumbsup:

CDMM1991

Medalist
Not that I'm complaining, but can someone explain to me why Takahashi's scores were so low?

Jasper

Final Flight
Saundy said:

Indeed.

And I agree that Johnny is a plonker. He doesn't understand the system well if he is improvising so much in the FS and forgetting to do 8 jumping passes. That's two straight times he's gone nuts in his FS.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I just DON"T understand what happend to Johnny....We don't get the coverage untill 8pm EST here in the states, so I'm watching this at work - well, reading it. Its so hard to tell what happens based on scores and written reports. Oh, why did he totoally improvise and implode???? Damn

Johnny doubled the second triple axel so he put it in somewhere else, then he was improvising all around after that. That meant he used only 7 of the 8 possible jumping passes. It seems like the doubling of the axel threw him. It just wasn't Johnny-no sparkle. He was so expressive and fluid in the SP and that just wasn't there tonight.