Bring Back The Old System Please!!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Bring Back The Old System Please!!!!

zeytin

Rinkside
i have only one question about last night! if we look at sp and lp together, how did buttle win the bronze and lysacek is 4th!!!! i'd say ok, if buttle had a clean sp but didn't he also made 2 mistakes in like lysacek? did i watch it wrong? ok buttle was ahead of lysacek in sp but in lp lysacek skated much much better than buttle, he didn't landed a quad but it was a clean programm. buttle made last night 3 mistake or some thing like that????
am i wrong? but i really could't undertand the result.

zeytin

gio

Medalist
Skating is a subjective sport! What I like you can dislike. One can prefer Plushenko style or Joubert style or Weir style. The creators of the NJS wanted to trasform skating from a subjective to an objective sport, but they failed. Come on, even jumps are subjective in difficulty. ISU created a scale of difficulty for jumps, but we all know that for Kristi the 3sal was more difficult than the 3lutz, for Kwan it is the triple loop that is a difficult jump. On the other hand, for other skaters the sal is more easy than the toe. Same for the spins.
The problem with CoP is that the skaters don't perform their best programs but they try to create a program suitable for CoP. This is not good, because instead of focusing on their best elements, on want they like, they just include a lot of elements that will gain a lot of points.