Joubert needs a real change this time! | Golden Skate

Joubert needs a real change this time!

Kirkbiggestfan

Rinkside
It is time to move out of momy'splace and move to Paris, Detroit, or LA with a real coach and a real skating team.

Team Annick Dumont and Pierre Trente transformed Stannick Joubert and Eric Millot into the perfect Cop skaters in the past...there is a real choreographic team in Paris, spin doctors, jump experts!

He has 4 years to become a complete skater, and with his talent, he can do it.

Gaillaguet put so much pressure on the poor kid, how could he enjoy the Olympic experience?

Mafke

Medalist
I used to think Joubert was French for Yagudin, now I realize it's French for Goebel, once the quad's gone there's not much left ...

Mafke

Medalist
Kirkbiggestfan said:
He has 4 years to become a complete skater, and with his talent, he can do it.

Because heaven knows that there's no significant competition between now and then because there's only one competition worth winning ..... blech I really hate the olympic-cycle mindset.

I'd like to see Joubert improve for the sake of improving and/or winning Euros or worlds (or Grand Prix events). Period.

FauveNik

Rinkside
I agree, he was Most disapointing( and disapointed) last night! It was dreadful! He needs to make a perminent change and then stick with it, too many apples in the bunch and there was the out come, complete confusion.
C' est la ve.
Happy for Lambiel though!
Fauve

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Y'all don't think he's going to retire after this year? Or go pro?

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid if something big dosen't change, he'll go the way of Tim Geoble. No offense to Tim, but facts are facts.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Anybody who skates to cheesy music, wearing "007" on his jacket to remind us that he is supposed to be James Bond, can't really be serious about wanting to be a champion.

FreeKatie

On the Ice
He needs a whole new team, new coach, new choreography/stylist. He has talent and is only what..21? It's not too late. Simple costumes and more Boitano-esque or Matt Savoie style of programs would suit him better than Yagudin's style IMO.