Emily Hughes arrives with Irina's Outfit! | Golden Skate

Emily Hughes arrives with Irina's Outfit!

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Emily was on the Today show this morning (in Torino) and she said she is hand-delivering Irina's skating costume (they have the same designer and the designer didn't know how she was going to get the costume to Irina). Well, I hope it fits!!

K-Mo

On the Ice
Mathman said:
:rofl: You mean, if Michelle hadn't been reinjured we would have had the all time wardrobe malfunction?

Is that her new secret weapon for working the system and racking up points?

FreeKatie said:
Emily was on the Today show this morning (in Torino) and she said she is hand-delivering Irina's skating costume (they have the same designer and the designer didn't know how she was going to get the costume to Irina). Well, I hope it fits!!
:rock: YEAH! Now we get to see the real Emily. Halfway through Irina's LP, all the seams on her costume unexpectedly and mysteriously split, until Irina is skating in nothing but a bunch of rags barely hanging onto her body.

Oh, wait. That was Irina's costume about four or five years ago.

Or "somebody" could sprinkle the inside of Irina's costume with arsenic so when she started skating in it, the costume would gradually kill her, which is how the French tried to kill Queen Elizibeth I, without the figure skating, natch (I think it was Liz I). Liz lived though, because one of Elizabeth's ladies in waiting couldn't wait to try the dress on and fashionista'd herself to death.

If Irina starts tearing her costume off while screaming, scratching at her skin and grabbing her head in the middle of her LP, then we'll know that sweet bubbly little Emily definitely learned the back-alley ways of winning from big sis' Sarah. Either that or Irina is still using the same choreographer. :laugh:

J/K. Irina has always been one of my top faves and Emily is cute as a bug.

Rgirl

Last edited:

SusanBeth

Final Flight
I hope Irina tips well! ;)

Rgirl said:
Or "somebody" could sprinkle the inside of Irina's costume with arsenic so when she started skating in it, the costume would gradually kill her, which is how the French tried to kill Queen Elizibeth I, without the figure skating, natch (I think it was Liz I). Liz lived though, because one of Elizabeth's ladies in waiting couldn't wait to try the dress on and fashionista'd herself to death.

Rgirl

I am a bigger history buff than a skating fan so I can't shut up. The movie Elizabeth was so false, they shouldn't have tried to pretend that it had any relationship to Elizabeth I. The dress incident didn't happen. The lady-in-waiting was supposed to be Lettice Knollys. She wed Robert Dudley and outlived the hell out of everybody, Elizabeth was majorly p o'd. Also, Walshingham did not murder Marie de Guise. She was already dead at that point. William Cecil, Lord Burghley was absolutely irreplaceable in Elizabeth's eyes till the day he died. She valued him above all other statesmen for good reason.

Elizabeth was a great movie, but as history, it was trash.

I am sorry for going off topic. I had too. I was weak! ;)

Also, No one murdered the Spanish Ambassador. Even Elizabeth would not have DARED! Those scriptwriters were nuts! I'll shut up now.

Last edited:

Spirit

On the Ice
The Hughes family. When it absolutely, positively has to be there before you skate.

K-Mo

On the Ice
Where was the dress Emily delivered? Did Irina get a new one or did she habe the current one worked on? I'm confused...

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
IDLERACER said:
Not physically possible. Irina is 5'1 and Emily is 5'5.

Irina can't be 5'1. She is visibly taller than Sasha who I think is 5'0 or 5'1. I have read on NBC's athlete bio site that Irina is 5'3 which seems more likely.

I think perhaps Irina's Exhibition dress is the new one Emily kindly brought over.