Sweden Puts Out The U.s In Womens Hockey!!!! | Golden Skate

Sweden Puts Out The U.s In Womens Hockey!!!!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Wow, what an upset. Canada and the U.S are so far ahead of the other countries, including the next two best, Sweden and Finland, they are considered a complete shoo-in to be in every final together. I almost wonder if the gods are making the Americans pay for their dealmaking in figure skating, well deserved. YIPEEEE!!! Great for womens hockey. Great for the Americans to have something like this happen to do them after their cheating dealmaking that is starting to show in the figure skating.

millie

Medalist
slutskayafan21 said:
Wow, what an upset. Canada and the U.S are so far ahead of the other countries, including the next two best, Sweden and Finland, they are considered a complete shoo-in to be in every final together. I almost wonder if the gods are making the Americans pay for their dealmaking in figure skating, well deserved. YIPEEEE!!! Great for womens hockey. Great for the Americans to have something like this happen to do them after their cheating dealmaking that is starting to show in the figure skating.

Reading your post and try to comprehend it. Can you explain what you mean in this post. For the life of me I don't understand. Please explain a bit further.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
millie said:
Reading your post and try to comprehend it. Can you explain what you mean in this post. For the life of me I don't understand. Please explain a bit further.

I am referring to the ridiculous scoring of Lysacek in the mens singles last night, and the ridiculously low scoring the Finnish snowboarder who was the biggest threat to the U.S men in the mens half pipe received(which the crowd booed for, which is rare in snowboarding, and the commentators on both Canadian and U.S TV disagreed with strongly). It is obvious NBC and U.S officials are up to alot of their old games, the same ones they used to gain gymnastic golds that were controversial, especialy the mens in Athens.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
That's why I hate shootouts. I think they should continue playing overtime like the deuce system in tennis. Not sure it'd always be practical though.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
IndieBoi said:
That's why I hate shootouts. I think they should continue playing overtime like the deuce system in tennis. Not sure it'd always be practical though.

That is what they did in the final of the Womens Worlds last year when the U.S and Canada went to overtime twice, and the quality deteriorated by the second overtime, both teams were getting so tired. It was not a pretty sight, regardless who you were cheering for. That is why I like the shootout. It went to a shootout there too, but only after 2 20 minute overtimes, too much.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
That is what they did in the final of the Womens Worlds last year when the U.S and Canada went to overtime twice, and the quality deteriorated by the second overtime, both teams were getting so tired. It was not a pretty sight, regardless who you were cheering for. That is why I like the shootout. It went to a shootout there too, but only after 2 20 minute overtimes, too much.

I can see your point. Anyhow, I hope the best team overall brings home the gold this year.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
IndieBoi said:
I can see your point. Anyhow, I hope the best team overall brings home the gold this year.

I cant see anybody beating Canada to be honest. Kim Martin is an amazing goalie, but we match them there with either St. Pierre or Goyette, and while Sweden has some very good players they dont match our depth when you get to the 3rd and 4th lines especialy, and they dont match us in speed, although they do in physical play. I really think the final results will be:

1)Canada
2)Sweden
3)Finland
4)U.S

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Was really looking forward to the maple leaf - red white and blue drama... Was living in Philadelphia during Salt Lake so I rooted for both teams. That final match was definitely one for the ages.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
The U.S outplayed Sweden overall, but the Swedish goalie stole the game.

Hey, they weren't that outplayed. Ok, I only watched the third period, my nerves couldn't stand anymore, but I found it quite even..not taht I'm an expect on Hockey though...

But we do love Kim Martin :bow: And since she wasn't the goalie in the last game against Canada, but most certainly will play in the final, I don't think it'll be any 8-2 again...

Orion

Rinkside
We are quite dazed here in Sweden over our unexpected win - but that's what makes the Games so exciting, wouldn't you say! Kim Martin was amazing and the shootout was a nailbiter! We are very happy over our silver medal - because it can't very well be gold, now can it?! ;)

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Engwaciriel said:
Hey, they weren't that outplayed. Ok, I only watched the third period, my nerves couldn't stand anymore, but I found it quite even..not taht I'm an expect on Hockey though...

But we do love Kim Martin :bow: And since she wasn't the goalie in the last game against Canada, but most certainly will play in the final, I don't think it'll be any 8-2 again...

I hope Sweden gives Canada a good final. I think they can. I dont want a blowout.

Sweden played more even with the U.S in the 3rd period and overtime, which is the part you say you saw so I see how you disagree with me, since you are right in that part of the game. In the 1st and 2nd thought he U.S controled play much more than Sweden.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Orion said:
We are quite dazed here in Sweden over our unexpected win - but that's what makes the Games so exciting, wouldn't you say! Kim Martin was amazing and the shootout was a nailbiter! We are very happy over our silver medal - because it can't very well be gold, now can it?! ;)

I am glad you are happy, I wish Sweden luck in the final, and congratulate them on making the final and winning atleast silver no matter how the final goes. I hope Sweden does well in curling this year as well, they usualy underperform at the Olympics. 1 bronze in 4 Olympic events, since its introduction as an official medal sport, is too little for a country so great in curling.

millie

Medalist
Orion said:

From Canada to Sweden, I am glad that our teams are in the finals. When I am watching the game I will be thinking about you in Sweden. I know that it will be a good game. :thumbsup:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Yeah I am a Canadian too and I will be thinking of the Swedes on this board too during the final. Hope both countries put on a great show and that it is a close game.

Orion

Rinkside
slutskayafan21 said:
I am glad you are happy, I wish Sweden luck in the final, and congratulate them on making the final and winning atleast silver no matter how the final goes. I hope Sweden does well in curling this year as well, they usualy underperform at the Olympics. 1 bronze in 4 Olympic events, since its introduction as an official medal sport, is too little for a country so great in curling.

Thanks, Slutskayafan! Oh, and curling, my favorite sport in the Olympics (after figureskating natch)! I'm SO hoping for Sweden to win the men's event especially, I just like that team so much (isn't our skipper dreamy?!), and they are, after all, World Champions twice!! But, you are sadly right, they do underperform at the Olympics for some strange reason and today it's just been disaster for them (two losses), so it looks like they will even miss the play-offs. What a bummer! :frown:

I don't know if you're Canadian, but I've noticed Canada's got an entirely new team this year!

Pssst, this is a secret but I agree with you on Evan (prefer Johnny & Matt when it comes to Americans) and the Zhangs! :agree:

Orion

Rinkside
millie said:
From Canada to Sweden, I am glad that our teams are in the finals. When I am watching the game I will be thinking about you in Sweden. I know that it will be a good game. :thumbsup:

:rock: Canada and Sweden rock!!! We're very similar countries after all. Thanks, it's mutual and I'm sure we'll see a good fight! Yeah for our teams! :clap:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Orion said:
Thanks, Slutskayafan! Oh, and curling, my favorite sport in the Olympics (after figureskating natch)! I'm SO hoping for Sweden to win the men's event especially, I just like that team so much (isn't our skipper dreamy?!), and they are, after all, World Champions twice!! But, you are sadly right, they do underperform at the Olympics for some strange reason and today it's just been disaster for them (two losses), so it looks like they will even miss the play-offs. What a bummer! :frown:

I don't know if you're Canadian, but I've noticed Canada's got an entirely new team this year!

Pssst, this is a secret but I agree with you on Evan (prefer Johnny & Matt when it comes to Americans) and the Zhangs! :agree:

Yeah it is dissapointing Peya Lindholm lost twice today. For some reason he cant quite find his best at the Olympics, and others also play their best against him, but he is a great skip and a great team. They seem like a great group of guys and you like to see them do well. The good news is Anette Nordberg is in good shape right now. Yes we have a very young mens team who is relatively new, they were juniors only a few years ago.

It is good to know somebody else doesnt think Evan is the god that most Americans seem to think he is, and that Zhang/Zhang are overscored at times.
:agree: