Mishin -- Russian Ladies "Too Big" to Skate | Golden Skate

Mishin -- Russian Ladies "Too Big" to Skate

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Wonder what big Russian gal refused to play hide the skateguard with him or better yet knocked the crap out of him for trying??

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Piel said:
Wonder what big Russian gal refused to play hide the skateguard with him or better yet knocked the crap out of him for trying??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :chorus:
Isn't it sad that Russia's never been able to put together a decent ballet or a winning gymnastics team? ;)

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Piel said:

Well, as a certified member of the "been groped by Mishin club," the second option is certainly plausible. :laugh: He did buy me a glass a wine first, though. So it's all cool. ;)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I find this interesting coming from a man who skated with Tamara Moskvina, who's, what, 4'9 and weighs about as much as a Dixie cup.

I don't think this was meant to be taken seriously. He's got rather a wicked sense of humor from what I understand; maybe this was a ploy to get Slutskaya and Sokolova really fired up.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Mishin sure has a wicked sence of humor

after the men's short, he said that Evgeni left the whole field "castrated".

Tarasova used to be a pairs skater back in the day. She was small and graceful.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
STL_Blues_fan said:
after the men's short, he said that Evgeni left the whole field "castrated"
Now that's the best explanation of why Johnny didn't medal. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

geoskate

On the Ice
Are you sure they didn't copy this from an April Fool website somewhere? I can't believe he actually said this.

Or perhaps he just likes making statements to provoke comments, regardless of whether they are true (such as his monthly statement that Plushenko is sick, or injured, or . . .).

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
geoskate said:
Are you sure they didn't copy this from an April Fool website somewhere? I can't believe he actually said this.

Or perhaps he just likes making statements to provoke comments, regardless of whether they are true (such as his monthly statement that Plushenko is sick, or injured, or . . .).

Oh, I easily believe he said. He can be rather -- wickedly eccentric. Or sometimes just flat out rude. I remember him calling Yagudin something along the lines of "too stupid to come in from the rain" when Yags got sick in Nagano. He also once referred to a very young Andrei Griazev as "this little piece of ****" right in front of him. (This isn't as bad as it sounds, tho. First of all, he said it in English to a reporter and Griazev at the time didn't understand any, and secondly, it was rather meant in one of those affectionate, though crusty, ways, rather like when you get on your grandmother's nerves when you're little and she tells you flat out you're just being a pain in the butt today.

FauveNik

Rinkside
Didnt he also used to call Pushenko a chicken?? Hence the chicken dance and costume he did one year.
This gets me on a rant! Lord Why wont Plushenko just skate a nice exhibition for once!?! He always does these idiotic gags and he looks like a moron doing it. funny, I dont think so. Scott Hamilton was funny at 1st but even he got boring! The only one that could pull off those kind of things with class was Kurt. leave the nuditie to our Phippa! :biggrin:
end of rant.
Fauve

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
:scowl: You guys stole all my jokes!

Keep up the good work! :rofl: :chorus: :rofl:

Rgirl

well, you know, you gotta be quick ;)

Fauve - I agree that some of Scott's programs were "old" but I hardly get tired of them... and he did have a beautiful skate mixed in once in a while :) I've been more annoyed with Kurt's gimmick programs than Scott's ;) But I love both so *shrugs* to each their own ;)

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
I couldn't stop laughing. Russia, the same country that produced Anzhelika Krylova, Tania Navka, Maria Butyrskaya, Katya Gordeeva, Elena Berezhnaya...

None of whom are BIG women.

Say, maybe one of them will become a boxer like Tonia Kwiatkowski once their skating career ends!

Last edited: