Who do you miss the most | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who do you miss the most

Since SLC Oly's 2002, what retired skater, do you miss most?

• Total voters

krenseby

Final Flight
Re:

I miss Maria Butyrskaya - sad how career went downhill after a good season or two. She was Sasha before Sasha's time ;-(

CzarinaAnya said:
Of all the skaters who retired after the SLC Olympics, who's skating do you miss the most?

You can pick more than 1 option.

Who has made figure skating not feel the same, since they retired?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hockeyfan228 said:
Yagudin, because he didn't have a choice. Everyone else on the list did.
Isn't that the truth. After the 2006 Olympics, I missed him more.

Dee

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Who do I miss? Wow there are too many to mention here. Shows how old I am and how long I have been involved in figure skating!!!

My top favorites were not mentioned:

Karen Magnussen - my figure skating inspiration

Kurt Browning - It's great seeing Kurt professionally but he was an amazing athlete and competitor. I have been viewing some of his old competitive programs and he still takes my breath away.

Toller Crantston - Well need I say more?

Brian Orser - He is not even in the pro skates anymore. He is choreographing and teaching. Wow do I miss his beautiful artistry.

Elvis Stojko - Elvis was the most focused competitor I have ever seen. His jumps were thrilling to watch and his determination to keep going even when he was injured was inspiring.

Bourne and Kraatz - One of the most talented ice dance teams to grace the sport.

Eisler and Brassuer - Herb and Fred - they were one of the most thrilling pair teams to watch.

Underhill and Martini - Class all they way.

Wilson and McCall - They made ice dance look easy.

I am of course only listing Canadian competitors here, but oh well, I am a bit partial ya know!!!! :laugh:

bloozywoozy

Rinkside
flutterby1145 said:
I miss Alexei, Elena and Anton, Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz, Sasha Abt.

Me too, and Ilya Kulik and Elena and Anton.

As far as seeing "some" skate in Stars on Ice, I don't think B/S will be back next year. And Alexei will also skate his last year with them next year. Then we might never see them again *waaaaail* :cry:

flutterby1145

Rinkside
bloozywoozy said:
Me too, and Ilya Kulik and Elena and Anton.

As far as seeing "some" skate in Stars on Ice, I don't think B/S will be back next year. And Alexei will also skate his last year with them next year. Then we might never see them again *waaaaail* :cry:

So does mean Alexei is retiring soon?

bloozywoozy

Rinkside
flutterby1145 said:
So does mean Alexei is retiring soon?

I don't think so. He just said he will be living in Russia now, and I believe he plans to skate in Russia. He may also do what he can to help/promote future Russian figure skaters (although I doubt in the "coaching" sense, at least not right now from what he has said in some articles/interviews this spring).

I also noticed he is still skating at Sun Valley Mountain Resort again this year (August 5). I wonder if that will be his last also? :cry:

Hey, I can't blame him. He's had a loooong hard 22 years of skating/competing/performing. I swear he is the figureskater who performs the MOST every year in many shows with Stars on Ice, Canadian Stars on Ice, Ilia Averbukh's numerous tour dates, and various skaters' shows and competitions etc.

He deserves to rest and settle down now, although, he will (and is being) SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sadly missed!!!:rock:

April

Rinkside
Memories

I really miss Anton and Elena. They are my all time favorite pairs team. I also voted for Marina and Wendel. I was fairly young when I really took notice of Dance; so I was amazed how the little red head lady could lift her cute male partner. I'd never seen that before.