Anyone in the U.S. getting Olys on NBC today? | Golden Skate

Anyone in the U.S. getting Olys on NBC today?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
We have NASCAR (AKA rednecks driving in circles) on until 6pm. Is this a regional thing? Any of you in the U.S getting Olys on NBC today?

CDMM1991

Medalist
We have the Boston NBC station up here, and they're showing the NASCAR, but CBC is showing Olys, so it's all good. Go Cindy Klassen! :rock:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
in the morning they showed hockey on NBC, afternoon games are shown on MSNBC. I think USA has some coverage currently too.

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
We got hockey and curling on the cable channels. I'm not a hockey fan, but curling is becoming quite mesmerizing. The US men's team is pretty good, too.

Sasha_4_The_Win

Rinkside
Anyone else disappointed in NBC's coverage? Seems like they are most concerned with ratings (duh) and not really caring about giving solid coverage of the events. Usually when the Olympics are happening you can turn the TV on anytime and see something Olympic-related....NASCAR on Sunday seems so wrong when they could have shown the dance skaters live. Oh well.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm sure it had to do with contract obligations...NBC had the Daytona 500 to begin with and they couldn't just ditch it to show the Olys.

Doesn't that track for one of those races remind you of what the Equestrian team has to do?

I hope Equestrianguy come in and announces, they stole it from us. :biggrin:

Joe

jozmen01

Rinkside
Excuse me - NOT ALL NASCAR FANS ARE REDNECKS - not all of us even live in the Southeast, where THE GREAT AMERICAN RACE is being held. NBC has been advertising that this is the ONLY car race big enough to interrupt the Olympics. For those of us who are NASCAR fans, in addition to figure skating fans, in fact anyone who has been watching NBC's lackluster coverage since February 10th, we have had enough advertisements to make us aware that the Superbowl of stock car racing was going to be held today, and they would interrupt their Olympic Coverage to show the race.

Congratulations Jimmy Johnson, on winning your 1st Daytona 500. Great showing Dale Jr. - here's hoping for a better season this year, than last. Oh, and congratulations to the Russians for moving into 1st place, during the OD.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
jozmen01 just kidding:biggrin: . My aunt and uncle were actually at the race. Why in the heck didn't they schedule it for a different weekend than the Olys that are only once every four years.

Jasper

Final Flight
Did NBC show D/V during their ice dance coverage tonight? If so, I missed it. :( If not, they should have!!!

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
yes they showed them in the same block of time as the Kerrs, C&S and Dominina and Shabalin.

nasty fall. At least it was at the end and didn't appear as a major disruption.

Jasper

Final Flight
That's too bad I missed it, but I will tape the replay later on NBC. I really want to see this performance.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
i taped the re-broadcast from 1 to 5 am (EST) and they completely removed an hour block where the Kerrs, the Japanese, D&V and C&S skated. I normally tape the first broadcast but I didn't realize that Sunday was a 5 hour show so when I went to set ud DVR, I already missed the first flight of skaters. I was hoping that the 4 hour re-broadcast was shorter due to less fluff and perhaps even commercials, but obviously I was wrong. At least I got to see the teams that got cut. That was the first time I saw the Japaneese team and I can't recall seeing K&K's OD.

My only regret is that I missed G&P performance between the first showing and the re-broadcast. They must've been shown them in the first hour along with W&L and S&O'M (those two were shown in re-broadcast thankfully). Too bad, what a bummer. At least NBC could've left G&P, as in an American team, in the edited re-broadcast!

Jasper

Final Flight
I had the exact same thoughts as you. I was hoping/expecting that the shorter re-broadcast would have all the same content with less commercials (I mean, why play 5 minute commercials in the dead of the night?) but I was sadly mistaken. I noticed that they cut the G/P team (surprising because they are American!) and also the section with D/V.

I'm confused, though. Last night on the original broadcast I caught the Kerrs, the Japanese, and C/S. When did they play D/V... before all of them or after? Silly me, I'm upset that I missed them but there's no way I'll miss their FD tonight!