Olympic silver great way for Lambiel to retire! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Olympic silver great way for Lambiel to retire!

mzheng

Record Breaker
Linny said:
A poster likes to be provocative? That's a very nice way to put it. Some people would call it trolling...

Linny
If your post is to me. Then, I'll add IMO, or my speculations based on what I heard.

Don't get me wrong. I like his skating. If anything I was rooting for him to get a medal at Olympics. but I just heard some rinkside rumore that he was also bothered by pain this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom Line for me, a painless Stephane, a more consistent Buttle, and a less buzy body Johnnie will make Calgary a Battle of the Lyric Skaters. Something to hope for all to do their best on those nights (SP and LP) in the shadows of the Canadian Rockies.:thumbsup:

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Kasey said:
Ditto. And perhaps it should be left to the skaters to make their own retirement announcements, and not some know-nothing "fan", and I'm being generous with that noun.

You must be referring to yourself when you speak of a no-nothing fan. I agree on that count.

Last edited:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
DeBz said:
If he's not getting the marks he deserves, how did he win the worlds and silver in the olympics?

He gets lower marks for spins than Plushenko and Lysacek whose spins are about 40% as good as his. He had lower scores for PCS than Joubert at Europeans, and barely higher than Lysacek and Joubert at the Olympics. Those are examples of huge underscoring for his skating. He survives the enormous underscoring he gets because he has quads which gives him more jump content, and he makes fewer mistakes than others, so judges have know choice but to give him placements they dont want to give him. Like I said, his success has been against all odds, small country with no political power, chronic knee problems, judges dont like him, but he succeeds inspite of it all because he has a huge heart and is a great competitor.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
slutskayafan21 said:
He always gets much lower marks than he deserves in PCS, spins, and footwork. Only in jumps does he get the scores he deserves. The judges love all of Plushenko, Buttle, Lysacek, Weir, and Joubert much more than him, but the events he has his successes he so far outskates those skaters he beats they have no choice but to give him his placing.

I'm not sure where you're coming from here - we are talking about Lambiel here, right? The, um...current World Champion? Olympic silver medalist?
The judges must really hate his guts! :laugh: What do I have to do to get hated like that?
Rave

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Ravyn Rant said:
I'm not sure where you're coming from here - we are talking about Lambiel here, right? The, um...current World Champion? Olympic silver medalist?
The judges must really hate his guts! :laugh: What do I have to do to get hated like that?
Rave

Like I said the judges had to give him those medals. He has quads and the people he beat dont, and he makes fewer mistakes than they do. I already pointed out he regularly gets lower scores for spins than Plushenko and Lysacek whose spins are about 40% as good as his, and had PCS lower than the jumping bone Joubert at Europeans, and barely higher than Joubert and Lysacek at the Olympics. If those arent proof of huge underscoring and dislike of you by judges I dont know what is. Medals dont prove you are liked by judges, they just prove you do so much more jump-wise than your competitors they have no choice but to give you medals. The judges were backed into a corner, had to give him the medals, and did.

If spinning is Lambiel's major problem, I want those problems when I skate. A better nitpick of Stephane would be the 3A.

Joe

Jasper

Final Flight
If he's healthy for Vancouver, he'll have an excellent chance. Go Stephane. Keep skating your beautiful style, we want to watch you for at least another 4 years!

soogar

Record Breaker
Lambiel is going to retire. I remember reading an interview with him last year when he talked about retiring. He wants to go to university and get an education. Maybe if he gets a lucrative ice show deal he'll hang around and compete until 2010. But I wouldn't bet on it. He's a wonderful show skater and has incurred his fair share of injuries.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Joesitz said:
If spinning is Lambiel's major problem, I want those problems when I skate. A better nitpick of Stephane would be the 3A.

Joe

I dont think it is a problem but the judges seem to think it is. The judges are telling him he has very weak spins, strangely the commentators and most observers dont seem to see it.