Ladies Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

VINLUVSKWAN

Rinkside
Hey guys, done with work!

Emily Hughes did well, slight stumble on footwork, wide swinging freeleg on lutz/toe (but clean landing), very good flip and 2 axel. Currently third behind Kimmie and Elena G. Miki should have been marked lower in TES.

Nmsis

On the Ice
rain said:
Wow the judges were generous with Ando. I thought she should have been behind Rochette, with the mistake on the jump and almost running into the boards on the spiral sequence. I think reputation has reared it's ugly head for the first time.
Yep. But I think it's the second time for reputation. Gedevanishvili is brand new.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Son of a gun... I have a stupid meeting and have to leave work.... so not happy... going to miss the main showdown & miss AI to see this... :banging: :banging: :banging:

VINLUVSKWAN

Rinkside
For those cheering for the Americans, don't get carried away yet. The top 2 from JPN, Sasha, and Irina are still coming up. This is just the short program, and the FS is even longer and chock-full of jumps (if they land them):agree: All 3 Americans will easily finish in the top 6, top 10.

Gwendel sounds like Casanova interviewing the girls. Even Miki, who had a somehow disappointing SP, had to laugh while explaining her step out on her underrotated loop

CDMM1991

Medalist
Julia Sebestyen

Gorgeous triple flip
Fell on lutz :(
Double axel fine

TES=26.75
PCS=23.83
Total=49.58

Currently third

Swiss skater Sarah Meier up next. This is some great coverage by CBC! Great group coming up too!

Nmsis

On the Ice
VINLUVSKWAN said:
Hey guys, done with work!

Emily Hughes did well, slight stumble on footwork, wide swinging freeleg on lutz/toe (but clean landing), very good flip and 2 axel. Currently third behind Kimmie and Elena G. Miki should have been marked lower in TES.
She was really energetic and the 1st impression was great. But she neatly is a level lower than the 2 first.

And she has a lutz ! Waouuh !

Last edited:

CDMM1991

Medalist
I'll be able to give reports on the CBC coverage for the rest of the stuff they show. So nobody else has to worry about that. I'll post scores as well.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Sarah Meier

Triple lutz-double toe very nice
Triple Flip good
She got the Swiss spin genes
Spiral sequence- doesn't have great extension on her classic spirals
Double axel- a bit scratchy on the landing
Straightline footwork- very good
Very nice, well-centered layback spin

Great skate! It makes the competition so much more exciting with all these clean skates!

TES=30.69
PCS=24.88
Total=55.57
She's sixth, behind Rochette.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Slute and Shiz getting on the ice for the warm-up. Shiz with a brand new dress, for a brand new program? Looks great on her, from what I have seen so far.

VINLUVSKWAN

Rinkside
Gwendal sounds very uncomfortable as an interviewer (maybe the broken English). Julia Sebestyen sounds in denial of her jump struggles (which has been the case throughout the season.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Sarah Meier

Triple lutz-double toe very nice
Triple Flip good
She got the Swiss spin genes
Spiral sequence- doesn't have great extension on her classic spirals
Double axel- a bit scratchy on the landing
Straightline footwork- very good
Very nice, well-centered layback spin

Great skate! It makes the competition so much more exciting with all these clean skates!

TES=30.69
PCS=24.88
Total=55.57
She's sixth, behind Rochette

I thought she would best Joannie. Not that I'm complaining since I love Jo but I thought Sarah was quite good.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Tonichelle said:
lol... I'm just glad I'm not the only one having to wait to see it!!!

has ABC ever shown the skater currently in 2nd place... her name does not look familiar!

Elene was shown ealier this month during the EC coverage. She is trained by TT (or consulted, since TT formally is retired from coaching).

Great job Emily!

CDMM1991

Medalist
Order of skate for the group coming up:

Irina Slutskaya
Silvia Fontana [it will be interesting to see how she's skating]
Anastasia Gimazetdinova
Shizuka Arakawa
Galina Efremenko
Joanne Carter

MissJanet

Spectator
Please don't kill me now, but where is Sasha Cohen? I thought that she was about to particiate? What did I miss?

VINLUVSKWAN

Rinkside
Irina Slutskaya: "Totentanz"
3lutz (a little lean) /2toe loop-clean (did not lack on the 2 loop b/c of lean)
footwork into nice 3 flip (big smile)
nice difficult entry, back inside 3's, and exit out of 2axel (best of the night??)
level 4 camel
footwork sequence (not eliciting as loud cheers as the top 3 so far)
Bielmannia!!!

CDMM1991

Medalist
IRINA SLUTSKAYA

I really can't picture Michelle skating to this music
Triple lutz-double toe- not very much speed coming out of it but no worse than usual
Triple flip
Double axel
She's your leader after the short program :laugh:
Now that all the jumps are done, time for BEILMANIA!!

TES=36.21
PCS=30.49
Total=66.70
She's [SHOCK] first.