What did Heiss do to Miki Ando??? | Golden Skate

What did Heiss do to Miki Ando???

Frau Muller

Final Flight
I am almost convinced that Carol Heiss was hired by Miki's competitors to 'kill' Miki! What a terrible new look Miki has!!!

This used to be one of my favorite SPs....it looked completely different last night. Horrible outfit! Ordinary hair! Unfeminine all the way around. Miki used to look ethereal, feminine, gorgeous in this program. I was stunned when I saw her come out to the ice with that dark, horrible look.

I'm not even talking about the skating.

Fire Carol, Miki!!!!!

emma

Record Breaker
I wasn't even going to bring it up, but that costume really did look awful on tv...i'm hoping it was nicer looking in person. I didn't even recognize the short either...i actually thought she changed it. Too bad.

rain

Record Breaker
Yeah, that costume was hideous. What were they going for....little match girl? The dark, flat colour was not flattering. The cut was terrible. And she was totally overmarked to boot.

Jill

On the Ice
I didn't like it either. With all due respect to Carol Heiss, as a coach, she's the kiss of death. Has she ever gotten ANY of her skaters anywhere beyond Nat's? Oh, take it back, wasn't she Tanja Kwiatkowsky's coach??? Well, you know what I mean.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Agreed. How did she warp poor Miki into what we saw last night? The commentators said she went to Heiss to work on her "artistry," but it looks like all she did was suck out Miki's personality. :cry:

FreeKatie

On the Ice
I really didn't understand why they called Carol Heiss in to help Miki either. In the past Carol's students seemed to lack that certain something that would take them from mediocre to fantastic. Perhaps nobody else was available?
I think they should call Lori Nichol for 2007

Linny

Final Flight
Personality

Miki Ando has so little personality BEFORE she changed coaches that if she has any spark at all, it's an improvement. This skater has been so wooden in the senior ranks that I find her to be dull as dishwater. She must have left all her energy in the junior ranks.

And didn't CHJ coach Timmy to the world stage? Yeah, I know, long standing posture problems that neither Frank nor Audrey could correct, but, hey, I don't think you can actually call CHJ the kiss of death...

Linny

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I have to agree with what everyone is saying. I love Miki Ando's skating, but last night......not so good.

Kirkbiggestfan

Rinkside
FreeKatie said:
I really didn't understand why they called Carol Heiss in to help Miki either. In the past Carol's students seemed to lack that certain something that would take them from mediocre to fantastic. Perhaps nobody else was available?
I think they should call Lori Nichol for 2007

I absolutely loved Fumie's SP! The choreography is great, but you need a brilliant skater and artist like Fumie to pull it off...not sure Miki is in that league.
But I agree, that was hideous.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I absolutely loved Fumie's SP! The choreography is great, but you need a brilliant skater and artist like Fumie to pull it off...not sure Miki is in that league.

I agree-Fumie was lovely, lovely. Miki doesn't has Fumie's natural grace on the ice. That's something that has to come before the choreography. I absolutely hate the look of the dark leggings and boot covers. It looks like practicewear not Olympic competition wear. I think many of the skaters could have learned a lesson in fashion from Sarah Meier's elegant yellow outfit.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Horrible Dress

Who on earth told Miki she should change her SP dress??? I liked the simple sky blue dress she wore earlier in the season

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56272369&cdi=0

Now, she's wearing this monstrocity
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56900850&cdi=0

which reminded me of this outfit
pic_eps_rate_santino_ep7.jpg

I wasn't the only one who thought this - check out this link to TV Guide Online with comments from last night's SP (just scroll down)
http://www.tvguide.com/tv/watercooler

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I also think the Japanese media probably played an additional role in her "not skating up to potential." Before the quad, before her big season winning junior worlds and the nats, she wasn't hounded like she is now. She's a tabloid fixture there, and they also blame her lack of quads now on "getting fat" (which she isn't). Poor Miki. :(

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
This was the worst costume/choreography makeover since Robin Wagner took Tarasova's glorious "Swan Lake" and turned it into a "Swan Puddle" (to quote rgirl) for Sasha. When Miki ran into the boards I thought she was channeling Midori Ito.

Last edited:

jesslily

Final Flight
I can't believe Carol Heiss let Miki Ando wearing such a strange dress for the short.
I think any new skater's mom wouldn't let her daughter wear something like Miki's to attend a local small meet.

CalloftheBlade

Rinkside
I think that Miki is slightly out of shape and doesn't seem to be as confident as she has been in the past. She doesn't seem to get the height she normally does on her jumps... I might be wrong.

dutchherder

Final Flight
I didn't really mind the black tights-- in fact, I preferred it over Slutskaya's pantsuit, but maybe the costume was selected in order to camouflage some bad skating? You know, black hides a multitude of sins?;)

CDMM1991

Medalist
In order to be at the competitive level she is at, Miki is obviously a very slim girl, but man! that dress made her look chunky and clunky and the least graceful it possibly could. Man-o-man! She should have been behind Rochette!